Knitting/Crocheting/Embroidery and so on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
In Winter 2009 I knitted a lot scarves. Unfortunately I don't have anymore photos of them.

Last winter I started with knitting socks. I feared to fail because I am not very patient, but finally I made it.

The first socks looked awful, like foots in a plastercasts. *g*

Sockenfertig.png

But the next ones really went out to become pretty good:

Socken02-fertig.png

I've just started my 3rd pair of socks and up to now it looks like this:

Socken03-1.png

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Withers

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Very nice!! I don't know how to knit, but I'm quite good at crocheting!! I'll post pics of my first afghan soon!!

Boomerang

Stone Throwing Rebel
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I haven't embroidered in a long time, but I do love to sew! I hope I am allowed in this thread. :D

Here is a purse I made last month for my friends birthday:
pursea.jpg

And here is an apron I made for school. I constantly lose my projector remote and can never find a dry erase marker when I need it so made this to keep everything organized. I guess it is technically just a glorified fanny-pac. :(
schoolapron.jpg

Withers

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I haven't embroidered in a long time, but I do love to sew! I hope I am allowed in this thread. :D

pursea.jpg

And here is an apron I made for school. I constantly lose my projector remote and can never find a dry erase marker when I need it so made this to keep everything organized. I guess it is technically just a glorified fanny-pac. :(
schoolapron.jpg

:thumbup Those are nice!!

I'm gonna go :eek:fftopic:for a second....

Is there any way to upload pics here straight from my PC? I'm tethering so it's SOOOO slow to upload through an image hosting website.

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Socken02-fertig.png

I've just started my 3rd pair of socks and up to now it looks like this:

Socken03-1.png

Awesome talent :thumbup I can knit too but had just done baby blankets and scarves.

Can I order some for next winter? :p I love knitted socks! Am always cold in winter time even if it's like 40's here ;)

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

pursea.jpg

schoolapron.jpg

WoW :clap they look like they're store bought! I love the fanny pac ;)

Boomerang

Stone Throwing Rebel
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I'm gonna go :eek:fftopic:for a second....

Is there any way to upload pics here straight from my PC? I'm tethering so it's SOOOO slow to upload through an image hosting website.

If there is, I don't know how to do it! :thumbdown

Hey c-cat, do those socks do just fine in the washing machine or do you have to hand wash them? They look so cozy.

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Withers: I am looking forward to see your pics. :)
For uploading pics try photobucket.com - that is a really fast service. And have you reduced the pics? Maybe the upload takes that much time because they're too big.

Boomerang: sure, you're welcome here, of course. :)
I like both, apron as also the purse. Have you sewed them by hand or machine?
I am going to sew a pencil case for my fellow student's birthday, but as I am not used to sew I'm not sure whether I will be able to cope with that task. :ninja

The blue socks unfortunately have to be handwashed. But I liked the wool that much that I had to use it even though. :)
But the grey wool I currently knit with, can be washed in the machine. :)

PurpleDove: thanks :) But, up to now there's no actual talent given. :ninja It's just socks, without any patterns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I don't have any pictures of things I've knitted or embroidered. I'll have to hunt them out and take some pictures.

I've knitted Imogen toys (I think I've still got 2 rabbits and a Jellybaby) and some jumpers/cardigans when she was a baby. I've also cross stitched a birth sampler for when Imogen was born.

My friend is pregnant atm so I hope to knit her a cardigan or a jumper + hats and booties for her new arrival. I also want to look at birth samplers online and sew her ones for her new baby and her older child. She really likes things like that but she just doesn't want to learn how to sew or knit lol.

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've bought new wool and I'm so totally excited about it. :banana2:

--> OpalCotton.png

--> Araucania.png

As soon as I find the time for it I want to knit >>Azzu's Shawl<<. It will be pretty difficult and I hope I can cope with it somehow. :)

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
That's lovely looking wool!

I've been teaching myself how to crochet. Been at it for nearly a week. I can now do Double crochet stitch, half treble crochet stitch, Treble crochet stitch and double treble crochet stitch. I've made squares in all those stitches and I've made a square in plain trellis stitch (it's a mixture of chains with double crochet stitch) and I'm currently making a square in a puff stitch.

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Cool. :) If you'd like to, show some pictures.

One day I want to learn crocheting, too. But at the moment I have enough to do by learning how to knit. :24:

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Sewed a pencil case for my fellow student who has a birthday next week. It isn't perfect and has it's weak points, but I think for the first attempt it turned out to be well done. :)
Hopefully, she likes it.

Federtaschefertig.png

Federtaschefertigoffen.png

FedertascheVerschluss.png

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Oooo that looks lovely!

I tried to take some pictures of my crochet squares but I couldn't get the lighting right to show off the stitches.

In other news, I'm attempting to crochet a baby blanket. It's going alright just I've been too distracted lately to really get started.

cam elle toe

Banned BY User's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Thats lovely Stripey! Well done.:thumbup

I saw a friend yesterday, and she had a shawl made from crocheted granny squares tied around her waist.

It was done with cotton rather than wool, and in all neutral colours. I loved it, and now want to make one. Only problem is knitting cotton is really expensive, and it will cost a fortune to do.

Does anyone know of any online places that may sell it cheap? I havent bought wool for ages (except that feather wool to make some scarves because it was cheap)

HottyToddyChick

Toes in the water...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I hate it when you have a 100 st cast and have worked 20 rows and screw up and don't know how to go back just a couple rows. Lost HOURS of work last night :(

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Thanks @all ^^

@Abcinthia: Doesn't photoshopping work to lighten up the photo?

@cam: Mh, here in Germany you get the cheapest knitting cotton in common supermarkets while online shops often are more expensive (because they only sale extraordinary cotton and wool). Don't know how it's over there where you live. :dunno

@HTC: Up to know I was lucky..only one time I had to feaze (feaze?) several rows of a sock which I had knitted with extreme fine wool. That was a bunch of work (and needed a lot of patience *lol*).
At the moment I'm knitting a "Azzu's Shawl" - the pattern is a bit complex, and should I screw up a row, I wouldn't be able to fix it, I think. :ninja

HottyToddyChick

Toes in the water...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Had to rip out- AGAIN!

My circulars were too long so I was doing a "double knitting" to make a tube.

I'm just switching to a smaller size with a shorter cable. I just know that's going to be so much easier. I can deal with the marker, and maybe my poor little finger tip will get a break.

78,864Threads
2,185,191Messages
4,953Members
Back