Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
"I've been told that...but the taxes are cheaper than what I was paying in Georgia. *shrugs* Or maybe I'm just not noticing a big difference in my withholdings b/c I don't have all the deductions I had at my old job for retirement/long term disability/etc."

Wait until you own some property or a house LMAO

"I have no ice scraper."

Yes, you do, it's your credit card. I've only had to use it in South Carolina, so perhaps you get no frost in Georgia LOL

"No, I haven't. Where does one do that? That sounds awesome!"

Unless they've changed it, Boston. We use to see them all the time.

"Actually, yes...I discussed this w/ my friend, Sara the other day. Skiing and ice skating (and playing on an adult women's softball league) are all on the list of things to do."

Make sure you do it in Vermont, although more expesnive, it will be worth the getaway. Also get yourself some Grade B (not A) Maple syrup, and get a Maple creamy while your at it (WAY better than boiled peanuts). If you go to Stowe to ski, you'll be less than 30 minutes from the Ben and Jerry's factory, worth the tour.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,341.50z
it sounds like you are enjoying chatting a bit. BTW it was so nice of you to honor old Griz with the big "G " as your avy lol.

It's nice seeing familiar (and new, too) faces. And anytime, hon! ;)

Wait until you own some property or a house LMAO
Ahh, good point.

Yes, you do, it's your credit card. I've only had to use it in South Carolina, so perhaps you get no frost in Georgia LOL
We had frost, but nothing the defrost wouldn't take care of, really.

Unless they've changed it, Boston. We use to see them all the time.
I shall look into this.

Make sure you do it in Vermont, although more expesnive, it will be worth the getaway. Also get yourself some Grade B (not A) Maple syrup, and get a Maple creamy while your at it (WAY better than boiled peanuts). If you go to Stowe to ski, you'll be less than 30 minutes from the Ben and Jerry's factory, worth the tour.
Maple creamy? That sounds dirty, LOL I have to admit...not a HUGE fan of maple syrup. I realize that's sacrilege up in these parts. I also don't support Ben and Jerry due to their support of a convicted cop killer. ;)

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
"Maple creamy? That sounds dirty, LOL I have to admit...not a HUGE fan of maple syrup. I realize that's sacrilege up in these parts."

Have you ever had straight grade B maple syrup or are you only comparing what you know to Aunt what's her face:)

"I also don't support Ben and Jerry due to their support of a convicted cop killer."

Interesting, never knew that about the company. Did some research today, and it seems the a lot of what's out there seems to be nothing more than the internet run wild. I did come across the fact that one of the co-owners signed his name on a petition for a retrial, stating the fact that he didn't know if the man would be found innocent or guilty if retried, but he (the co owner of B&J's) felt from what he knew, that a retrial would be fair (going on many people who said the trial was unfair, including the Attorney General). May I ask what other information can you provide insight per their "support" of a convicted cop killer? I'm sincerely curious as to your source of information and if it can be provided other than heresy and internet rumor?

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Dang, this new place doesn't give you much time to edit…

Re reading my words, I apologize, I sound combative which wasn't my intention. Just see from what I've read on the "internet only" without any actual news stories which leads me to believe that people were jumping on the internet bandwagon. I'm hoping with your past work experience, you may be able to provide more info.

Besides that, I'll never give up their Cream Brûlée ice cream, added the fact that the guy your thinking of no longer owns the company, a company overseas does now lol

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,341.50z
Have you ever had straight grade B maple syrup or are you only comparing what you know to Aunt what's her face:)
I honestly don't know what grade I've had. I will take your word for it and try it one day.

Interesting, never knew that about the company. Did some research today, and it seems the a lot of what's out there seems to be nothing more than the internet run wild. I did come across the fact that one of the co-owners signed his name on a petition for a retrial, stating the fact that he didn't know if the man would be found innocent or guilty if retried, but he (the co owner of B&J's) felt from what he knew, that a retrial would be fair (going on many people who said the trial was unfair, including the Attorney General). May I ask what other information can you provide insight per their "support" of a convicted cop killer? I'm sincerely curious as to your source of information and if it can be provided other than heresy and internet rumor?

I remember researching it several years ago and, if I remember correctly, money was given to the defense fund. I figured I'd never tried Ben and Jerrys anyway, so I wasn't missing out much by boycotting. I was actually quite obsessed with the Faulkner case for some time...but I've forgotten a lot of when I know now.

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I remember researching it several years ago and, if I remember correctly, money was given to the defense fund. I figured I'd never tried Ben and Jerrys anyway, so I wasn't missing out much by boycotting. I was actually quite obsessed with the Faulkner case for some time...but I've forgotten a lot of when I know now.

Funny, I also read that some money was given to the defense team, but funny thing is you would think you'd find a paper trail, and you would think if a man would sign a petition in the wall street journal, he would come out and say if he gave money (which I could find no such statement). What I did read all over the internet is where it seemed a bunch of cops went off the deep end because a petition was signed that asked for a new trial, and then the crap hit on the internet. What I was hoping was that you had substantial proof so I could judge the company myself in "convicting" them for being supportive of a cop killer. Seems like your going off what people are saying on the internet:rolleyes: Besides that, if you knew philly cops in the 80's, well, lets just say I'd give anyone in jail down there a 50/50 chance of being innocent lol

On your interview, given time, I knew it would happen. Just a question of when you get it, but you will:)

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,341.50z
Funny, I also read that some money was given to the defense team, but funny thing is you would think you'd find a paper trail, and you would think if a man would sign a petition in the wall street journal, he would come out and say if he gave money (which I could find no such statement). What I did read all over the internet is where it seemed a bunch of cops went off the deep end because a petition was signed that asked for a new trial, and then the crap hit on the internet. What I was hoping was that you had substantial proof so I could judge the company myself in "convicting" them for being supportive of a cop killer. Seems like your going off what people are saying on the internet:rolleyes: Besides that, if you knew philly cops in the 80's, well, lets just say I'd give anyone in jail down there a 50/50 chance of being innocent lol

Come on, Joe, you know me well enough to know that unless there is clear cut video proof of a wrongdoing, I almost always support the cops. ;) I've even been known to argue what others would consider clear cut video proof (sorry, the Trooper that shot the dog was in the right).

On your interview, given time, I knew it would happen. Just a question of when you get it, but you will:)

Thanks! I'm excited.

Makes up for the guy we spoke about on the phone...he disappeared off the face of the Earth and hasn't been heard from in nearly 2 weeks. Doesn't piss me off that he disappeared...pisses me off that he didn't have the balls to say he was going to disappear. Obviously not as good a man as I thought. ;)

Thanks for the welcome (back), Amy! :)

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Come on, Joe, you know me well enough to know that unless there is clear cut video proof of a wrongdoing, I almost always support the cops. ;) I've even been known to argue what others would consider clear cut video proof (sorry, the Trooper that shot the dog was in the right).

Sad fact that the police seem to be increasing their incidents with abuse of power.

I shoot with LEO's often, who come over to my place. Good guys. That said, the abuse of power is getting frightening in some police organizations.

The shooting you speak of happened in Philly during the 1980's. I knew Philly pretty well back then. All one has to do is do a little research on "Philadelphia police corruption in the 1980's", and tell me how many hits you get LOL

I teach my boys to respect the law, but never to bow to it unquestionably if you haven't done anything wrong, and always have a recorder on you. Seems too many cops today get too much power to their head when they wear a badge and a gun.

If you haven't read it, I highly suggest reading "Rise of the warrior cop". Hits the nail on the head with whats going wrong with todays police force.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,341.50z
Thanks, everybody. :)

The weather up here is good, but rainy. Right now it's 34 degrees. It's snowed twice this past week, but didn't stick around much. I'm ready for it, though...got my snow tires last Sunday!

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,341.50z
Okay, I'll say it here for all to see. I was wrong. Auburn won it in OT. Congratulations, Fred!

78,865Threads
2,185,196Messages
4,953Members
Back