Dubai waiter rapes Brit girl – then SHE and fiance are held for illegal sex

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvin070

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.13z
Thats the trouble with you guys who are so used to the freedom in your home countries and when you travel to a foreign country you tend to forget that their laws turns against you.
A BRITISH woman on a break in Dubai went to police after being raped - but SHE was arrested for having illegal sex.

The 23-year-old Londoner was attacked by a waiter in a hotel toilet after celebrating her engagement to her boyfriend with drinks.

But after she admitted boozing and sharing a hotel room with her fiancé, cops in the strict Islamic state arrested her for "illegal drinking" outside licensed premises and having sex outside marriage.
Her 44-year-old fiancé, also from London, was charged with the same offences. And both were thrown in police cells by officers who paid little heed to the rape.

Read more: Dubai waiter rapes British girl – then SHE and fiance are held for illegal sex | The Sun |News

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Zorak

The cake is a metaphor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Dubai is a strange place.

It wants to be the high end tourist destination of the world. But it enforces strict religiously intolerant rules.

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

It wants to be the high end tourist destination of the world. But it enforces strict religiously intolerant rules.

Yeah I agree. While I think people should always research and follow the laws of a country you are going to, no one expects to be raped in a toilet. It's so harsh for something that is not her fault.

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
the waiter should be arrested

But that's not the law. In several Muslim countries it is the woman's fault if she is raped.

And in this case, they didn't even do checks like to obtain a seman sample. All they did was take a blood smaple to prove she had consumed alcohol.

Kyle B

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

Yes, Dubai is an interesting Paradox. It desires to be a modern metropolis but is stuck in a conservative and oppressive mentality.

Jessica

Reaction score
Tokenz
221.76z
But that's not the law. In several Muslim countries it is the woman's fault if she is raped.

And in this case, they didn't even do checks like to obtain a seman sample. All they did was take a blood smaple to prove she had consumed alcohol.

oh...different. so it's still her fault even if she didn't have alcohol? even if she couldn't defend herself?

how strange

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
oh...different. so it's still her fault even if she didn't have alcohol? even if she couldn't defend herself?

how strange

No she had been drinking. According to the paper this morning she is being charged with that as well.

And her and her finace are being charged with sharing a bed when they aren't married as well.

dt3

Back By Unpopular Demand
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.21z
Thats the trouble with you guys who are so used to the freedom in your home countries and when you travel to a foreign country you tend to forget that their laws turns against you.
So the US taking Indian lands in the 17 and 1800's is a human rights violation.

But allowing rape is ok, because it's legal in that country?

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
The point about the Countries laws could have some relevance. I mean yeah if we go to another Country and break their Laws then yes we should be punished by the terms of that Countries Justice System.

However as I said earlier, it could have relevance, but this doesn't because it's messed up, out of touch if you will.

Jessica

Reaction score
Tokenz
221.76z
No she had been drinking. According to the paper this morning she is being charged with that as well.

And her and her finace are being charged with sharing a bed when they aren't married as well.

Yes I Know that but would a it be a woman's fault if she wasn't drinking and if she couldn't defend herself? I think it'll still be her fault, yes?

Pabst

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
So the US taking Indian lands in the 17 and 1800's is a human rights violation.

But allowing rape is ok, because it's legal in that country?

its not about human rights, its about kelvin wanting to make more commentary about americans and our way of life.

whatever the US does is wrong, whatever the rest of the world does is ok by him.

which is why i wouldnt visit shitholes like singapore, such anti american sentiment because of people just like him. its bad enough there are anti america americans, i dont need to go to another country to get that treatment.

dt3

Back By Unpopular Demand
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.21z
its not about human rights, its about kelvin wanting to make more commentary about americans and our way of life.

whatever the US does is wrong, whatever the rest of the world does is ok by him.

which is why i wouldnt visit shitholes like singapore, such anti american sentiment because of people just like him. its bad enough there are anti america americans, i dont need to go to another country to get that treatment.
:clap

Although I wouldn't mind going to Dubai and raping me some Dubai-ians :eek :jk

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z

I dont trust that country for a sec
Ill save the rest of my comments but this one
There are some countries that I think should be burned to the ground
and started over

Status
Not open for further replies.
78,865Threads
2,185,203Messages
4,953Members
Back