Participant count
  • Participants list

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,337.15z
I am friends with most of my exes, but there is one that absolutely made it impossible to remain friends with him.

One that I have remained friends with gets me into trouble sometimes. I've try not to talk to him very often b/c, when we do, it almost always ends up getting sexual and that's not good for either of us.

And there's one that I don't consider an ex, but we were friends for 15 years and hooked up one night a year or two ago. Things got REALLY weird after that and he would constantly text me about going to the bar with him "but it's not a date" or telling me about the women he was sleeping with. I don't have time for games, so I called him out on it and he denied it. I went through a rough time a few months afterwards and asked him to be there for me, just as a friend, and he basically chose to go out to the bar instead and told me I would be alright. That was my big clue that he was an even shittier friend than I thought, so I cut him out of my life.

santorebirth

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
IMO It's okay to stay friends with some of your exs. I talk to some of them every now and then. There's this one ex of mine though that I completely severed any sort of communication with. Just thinking about her makes my blood boil. That woman is one evil whore.

NobodysSon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Funny that I should see this thread as I am kind of in the middle of figuring out the pros and cons of this situation myself.

After we broke up, and enough time had passed to let bad feelings settle, we became friends again because even if we were horrible as a couple we were great as friends. I was oddly proud that we were able to do that because it seemed like a more mature way of acting then cutting off all contact and harboring old hurts. Then I started a new relationship and was made to feel that I was doing something weird and wrong by being friends with my ex still. I feel bad about throwing a person that I have known deeply for years under a bus to soothe the jealousy of my new girlfriend, but most people seem to feel that is normal and expected. It was nice to see a few people in this thread saying otherwise but the majority voice seemed to take the other stance. Maybe I'm just naive to believe it can be otherwise.

!

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.19z
I don't but I see it more as a respect thing for my current relationship, and lets face it they are exes for a reason right! I could see how someone would keep in touch if they had kids together or something.

eagle22

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
My ex and I were best friends before we even started dating. After a few months of dating we called it off, but we are still great friends. I can't imagine my life without her. I know people say you can't be friends with your ex, but from my experience you totally can!

PrettiMamita

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm still friends with a few of my exes but mostly only on Facebook. Only a few would I ever talk to face to face or do I keep in touch by telephone. Many already are in serious relationships and I know I have no more feelings for them. I really don't see nothing too wrong with it especially if it wasn't a really serious relationship. I could maybe see still being friends with someone you were with for years, engaged to and especially married to being a problem if you were to get into another relationship. In my eyes when you get into another relationship if you trust one another there shouldn't be an issue being friends with exes as long as it stays friends. Of course I don't recommend hanging out alone but nothing wrong with just chatting.

lizzief79

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
I keep in touch with my ex because I have a daughter with him. I have since met another man who I have three sons with. Seeing my ex is important to our relationship with our daughter. It hasn't always been an easy ride.

Rub

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
I don't get in touch with my exes. I've got a beautiful wife, handsome son. I've got everything I need. Certainly, sometimes I wonder if my exes are sorry we'd broke up. Only that question's answer bothers me.

Rhodolite

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
No. I never talk to exes. They're an ex for a reason and I tend to keep it that way. I take a scorched earth policy with old relationships. Too much bad blood and bitterness on my part to want to forgive.

Peachdejour

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm still friends with a number of my exes and people think that is really weird. I think it's pretty normal. I spent a large portion of time with these people. Sure, we decided that we were no longer compatible as partners, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends.

What are your thoughts?
Well, I have to keep in contact with my one ex because he's my daughter's father. We get along pretty well until he gets a wild hair up his bum and decides to try and upset me over something which is about once a year. My ex fiance just died a few weeks ago, but he would drop me a line here and there to see how my daughter and I were and we would converse a bit. I have several older boyfriends that I can sit down and have long conversations with like old pals and it's no big deal. I have some exes that I would never talk to ever again. I have some I've had to cut contact with because they were possessive and creepy. It all depends on how they relationship ended. If they all ended amicably, it may just mean you are either fairly emotionally balanced or these relationship weren't terribly committed. Either way, it's no one else's damn business.

78,864Threads
2,185,191Messages
4,953Members
Back