Do you keep in touch with your ex?

Users who are viewing this thread

jcairns82

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
I'm still friends with a number of my exes and people think that is really weird. I think it's pretty normal. I spent a large portion of time with these people. Sure, we decided that we were no longer compatible as partners, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends.

What are your thoughts?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

KellyValentine

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm still friends with a number of my exes and people think that is really weird. I think it's pretty normal. I spent a large portion of time with these people. Sure, we decided that we were no longer compatible as partners, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends.

What are your thoughts?

Are you single or in a relationship? If your single then that's pretty cool. If not I can see where that can be a problem for the other person in the relationship. I'm friends with my exes on facebook but that's it.

WiccanWitch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Actually just spoke with my ex today. Him and I love each other, but a different type of love now. He's my best friend, always has been. I couldn't imagine a world without him in it.
I haven't stayed friends with any ex girlfriends. Hmm, maybe The Man ^ has a point about women.

AmenoKaji

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I have stayed friends with some ex's, although some times you need a long break from an ex, girlfriend/boyfriend or friend, before you can ever get back to a stable friendship with them. Just really depends on the person, and what happened to cause the split. I am all for talking/working things out to the best likings of both people.

canoe

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think it depends on how close you were with your ex and for how long. If you were in a deeply close relationship for a very long time and you break up, it's not very easy just getting together again and being "just" friends. There are times when I really miss my ex and would like to just get to know how she is doing but for her sake (and mine), I try to avoid contacting her.

BaltimoreJay

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Almost all of my breakups were pretty amicable. I sort of keep up with some of my exes. We like pictures of each others kids on facebook but that's about the extent of it.

The only ex I actually see in person on a regular basis lives down the street from me and has become really good friends with my wife. It was kind of weird for me for awhile (and the reverse of how these sorts of situations usually cause problems) but I got over it.

dreamseer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I haven't kept in touch with any of my ex's and have long since married and moved to another state. On the other hand, my husband has an ex that he has a child with, and I've become good friends with her. I figured we needed to have a good relationship for his son's sake, and that's just how it turned out.

Kyama3

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
I've only briefly tried dating and therefore only been on one date. We do not stay in contact anymore, it kind of ended very abruptly. It hasn't put me off though.

NuckingFuts

One of the originals
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
395.93z
Actually just spoke with my ex today. Him and I love each other, but a different type of love now. He's my best friend, always has been. I couldn't imagine a world without him in it.
I haven't stayed friends with any ex girlfriends. Hmm, maybe The Man ^ has a point about women.

Oh shit his ego does not have to be boosted anymore.

ReadmeByAmy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
No! I don't keep in touch and had no more communications with my ex's anymore and they had already their own family too and living very far from me. But we separate ways as friends and maybe if we will meet again sometime we can still be friends and I think there is nothing wrong with it :)

drkn335

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Absolutely not! Ex's can not be friends! It just should not be that way; you split then you act like you never knew them. It would be far too weird to see them all the time, and I can never stay friends with people I have dumped because I dumped them for a reason - to stay away from them! I just don't think it can work that way, it's just too uncomfortable - especially if one person still has unrequited feelings.

blueeyes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
There are a couple of exes I definitely don't keep in touch with. I avoid them like the plague. I do however keep in touch with my ex husband because we have a daughter together , and once in awhile we have to chat about things that involve her.

Lizbeth19ph

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
I have recently broken up with my bf of more than 3 yrs and our breakup was not that messy :) I told him we could remain friends after all that's where we have started though I know we both still love each other, we gave each other the space to breathe. :) I have lost contact to most of my exes though but they keep on coming back to my life then disappear again. I believe when you have been loved and you touched the life of another person, they cannot really erase you that easily from their lives. :)

TheViper

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.53z
There are only two ex's that I keep in contact with. We don't really text and most of our conversation is through regular phone calls. Though, that doesn't sit too well with my current girlfriend!

akasha24

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
I don't think it's a good idea to be "friends" with your ex, especially when you are in a relationship with someone else. Firstly, because you know deep inside that you will never be friends with someone you dated in the past, I just don't think it's possible and secondly, because if you are in a relationship with someone else, it can be a little weird and awkward. I kept in touch with my ex while I was single, he was in a relationship and even though things happened between us, as soon as I was in a relationship, I told him not to contact me anymore.

78,864Threads
2,185,191Messages
4,953Members
Back