Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

itsmeJonB

Reaction score
Tokenz
209.25z
No, intentionally killing civilians and hiding behind religion is cowardly. Calling someone out for their bullshit views is what any normal person would do. That sort of vitriolic hate should never be tolerated anywhere or for any reason.

Do you think he'd have the stones to say that sort of crap in real life, to a group of people he doesn't know? I highly doubt it.

I dont agree with what his views are.
Period. The fact of the matter is the rules of this board are broken by every member the minute a troll is among us.
What if someone here was of his religion. Who didnt believe what terrorists do is noble, rather live life by the scripture.
He had just had his religion raped in front of him by people on this board he consider his community.

Clearly I am not talking of myself, hell its all hypothetical but everyone thinks about themselves first, rather than debating.

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Well, speaking for myself, I didn't violate any forum rules. I was debating. This section of the forum is rough, if you can't handle your beliefs being questioned you shouldn't be here. Just because a depiction of Mohammad is offensive to him doesn't make it an offensive thing to be posted. People attack other people's religious/political/moral beliefs on a regular basis, but that doesn't equate to a personal attack.

Accountable

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The best debates are when there's more than just two or three people. The more ideas in the mix, the more likely a satisfactory result will follow. Yup, mass debating is the best. :)

itsmeJonB

Reaction score
Tokenz
209.25z
Well, speaking for myself, I didn't violate any forum rules. I was debating. This section of the forum is rough, if you can't handle your beliefs being questioned you shouldn't be here. Just because a depiction of Mohammad is offensive to him doesn't make it an offensive thing to be posted. People attack other people's religious/political/moral beliefs on a regular basis, but that doesn't equate to a personal attack.

Isnt depicting an image of muhammad for someone of his religion the same as calling someone a racial slur.
You arent seeing the bigger picture. this isnt about freedom of speech. this is about respecting one another.

dt3

Back By Unpopular Demand
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.21z
Period. The fact of the matter is the rules of this board are broken by every member the minute a troll is among us.
What if someone here was of his religion. Who didnt believe what terrorists do is noble, rather live life by the scripture.
He had just had his religion raped in front of him by people on this board he consider his community.

Clearly I am not talking of myself, hell its all hypothetical but everyone thinks about themselves first, rather than debating.
When somebody preaches hate, they'll get hate in return. If this guy walked into a circle of your friends and said the shit he said, what would have happened? Do you really think nobody would tell him to fuck off? It's completely unreasonable to expect everybody to keep their mouths shut and let him spout his ignorance. A troll does not have more of a right to his point of view than anybody else on the board. Just like real life, everybody will not always sit in a circle and sing kumbaya.

We can't run this site trying to shield everybody from being offended by anything all the time, because nobody would be allowed to post.

Every Muslim I've ever known would be far more offended by this idiot's views than they would be by anything else in that thread.

itsmeJonB

Reaction score
Tokenz
209.25z
When somebody preaches hate, they'll get hate in return. If this guy walked into a circle of your friends and said the shit he said, what would have happened? Do you really think nobody would tell him to fuck off? It's completely unreasonable to expect everybody to keep their mouths shut and let him spout his ignorance. A troll does not have more of a right to his point of view than anybody else on the board. Just like real life, everybody will not always sit in a circle and sing kumbaya.

We can't run this site trying to shield everybody from being offended by anything all the time, because nobody would be allowed to post.

Every Muslim I've ever known would be far more offended by this idiot's views than they would be by anything else in that thread.

a troll should be handled as such.
not given the chance for the hate to surface.

dt3

Back By Unpopular Demand
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.21z
this isnt about freedom of speech. this is about respecting one another.
I'm sorry, I must have missed the post of his that deserved respect. I do not and will never respect somebody with his views. People who believe what he says are the lowest form of scum on this earth. To imply that we should blindly respect everybody is ridiculous.

dt3

Back By Unpopular Demand
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.21z
a troll should be handled as such.
not given the chance for the hate to surface.
Are you saying he should've been banned outright? Or do you think if everybody played nice he wouldn't have said anything? He came here with an agenda and intended to post what he said before he signed up.

itsmeJonB

Reaction score
Tokenz
209.25z
I'm sorry, I must have missed the post of his that deserved respect. I do not and will never respect somebody with his views. People who believe what he says are the lowest form of scum on this earth. To imply that we should blindly respect everybody is ridiculous.

no. im saying a troll should be handled as such

not be allowed to let the hate surface. I'm the calmest one here. I'm speaking in a tone most can listen in. The "debate" was full of rage. You all got trolled, and have a lot of growing up to do.

This is the internet. And what I'm trying to get across is this community is too concerned with having an image than just handling the simplest of problems

itsmeJonB

Reaction score
Tokenz
209.25z
Are you saying he should've been banned outright? Or do you think if everybody played nice he wouldn't have said anything? He came here with an agenda and intended to post what he said before he signed up.

I'm shedding light on the reality of this. Not everyone is here to play nice. But the ones that have been here long enough know how to.

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Isnt depicting an image of muhammad for someone of his religion the same as calling someone a racial slur.
You arent seeing the bigger picture. this isnt about freedom of speech. this is about respecting one another.

First off, that's a ridiculous comparison. Secondly, respect is earned... not given freely.

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I didn't ask you to respect the troll

and the comparison is not ridiculous in the manner the images were delivered

Insulting a religious figured does not equate to be hatred. Regardless of that fact, the troll in question was espousing vitriolic hatred towards anyone that didn't agree with him.

Minor Axis

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z

I won't speak for others but that is not true. I do not use personal attacks in my discussions and I don't call names. Well, I might have called someone a name (not in the closed thread), but then I apologized right after. Point is, it's not my usual way of conversing in this forum. You all will vouch for me, right? ;) On second thought I'll vouch for Accountable too, as a rule he does not launch personal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

itsmeJonB

Reaction score
Tokenz
209.25z
Insulting a religious figured does not equate to be hatred. Regardless of that fact, the troll in question was espousing vitriolic hatred towards anyone that didn't agree with him.

The debate in question wasnt a debate to begin with. The troll is not the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back