College Football thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,396.70z
I'm sure we're going to get our asses handed to us Saturday, but I'm holding out hope for a nasty food poisoning epidemic for Florida's starters. :24: :24: :24:

Okay, not really, I don't wish food poisoning on ANYBODY...but it's probably our only hope. :24:

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Jackass master

Old and worn out
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
They must have finally decided to play like a contender. Did not see any games today as I helped a few folks prep for the storm. Ended up making a shopping run. Guess between the wife and the old neighbor I will eat good as long as the generator is cranking.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,396.70z
They must have finally decided to play like a contender. Did not see any games today as I helped a few folks prep for the storm. Ended up making a shopping run. Guess between the wife and the old neighbor I will eat good as long as the generator is cranking.

They came out full force today, for sure. Play of the game, no doubt, was Jarvis Jones stripping that ball and thwarting what looked like a sure touchdown for the Gators. Had they been able to score, no doubt they would've gone for 2 and tied the game up. Damn, it was a thing of beauty, I tell ya!!!

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,396.70z
I can't find the OFFICIAL update, but scuttlebutt is that South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore's injury is going to be a career-ender more than likely. It looked absolutely gruesome (some are comparing it to Joe Theismann, so that should give you a clue if you haven't seen the clip). What I'm hearing is broken femur, broken patella, and 4 torn ligaments (ACL/MCL/PCL/LCL). Damn. If you haven't seen it, I don't recommend looking it up. Absolutely horrible and what broke my heart was watching him get carted off afterwards and he put a towel over his face and was obviously sobbing. Bless his heart, I feel for him.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,413.55z
He has had a hard time. Discussion I read he may never play again and may even have trouble walking again.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,396.70z
He has had a hard time. Discussion I read he may never play again and may even have trouble walking again.

I saw the same talk. I wish something OFFICIAL would go up, though. I have no doubt it was a career-ender. And it's his 21st birthday Monday, too. I hate to see ANYBODY injured, no matter what team they play for. Damn.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,396.70z
Wow, my boys looked like SHIT the first quarter. 3 sacks on Murray...really??? And can we GET a new kicker, please!?!?!?

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,396.70z
Oh, also, update on Marcus Lattimore is dislocated knee, several torn ligaments, but no broken bones. He hasn't been redshirted yet, so there's that option. Word is that he WILL play again.

Alien Allen

Froggy the Prick
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,206.36z
Oh, also, update on Marcus Lattimore is dislocated knee, several torn ligaments, but no broken bones. He hasn't been redshirted yet, so there's that option. Word is that he WILL play again.

interesting

I could have sworn the initial report was just a dislocated knee

Remember when the guy from Miami was injured in the national championship game against OSU? I never thought he would play again

So ya never know

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,396.70z
I could have sworn the initial report was just a dislocated knee

That was the first OFFICIAL report. I kept trying to tell people that nothing official had been released, but everybody took 1 random sports medicine guy's comment on Twitter and ran w/ it. The guy never said that he was treating Lattimore, his tweet said "Just saw the Lattimore injury..." and then listed off broken femur, broken patella, and multiple torn ligaments as the injuries. I took it as him saying "hey, I just watched the video, this is what it looks like to me." The media took it and ran w/ it like it was official.

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back