College Football thread

Users who are viewing this thread

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
My Bulldogs looked bad in the first half against Utah State, and then really turned it on in the second half to win 41-24.

How did your teams do this weekend?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Azazel

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
HawkeyeLogo.gif

6a00d8341c28e853ef010536417c44970b-320wi.jpg

ganny

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
My Noles looked average against an average team on a night with average temperatures and with an average sized crowd. This new coaching regime looks average, so does the defense and the offense. We are still a few years away. Been saying that since 2002.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
Reviving this thread b/c it's sad that it wasn't more active. Watching my Dawgs secure the win over Missouri right now, but they gave us a good fight for the first half of the game.

Anybody see the Tulane player that got injured today??? It's been confirmed that he stopped breathing at one point and CPR had to be administered. Here's the story and the clip of the hit that caused his injury (fractured spine):

Devon Walker Injury: Tulane Safety Receives CPR On Field, Leaves In Ambulance
Sep 08 2:07p by Bryan Kilpatrick
Read More: Devon Walker (S - Tulane), Tulane Green Wave

Tulane safety Devon Walker was taken off the field in an ambulance at H.A. Chapman Stadium in Tulsa, Okla.
after having CPR administered to him following an apparent head and/or neck injury in the Green Wave's game against Tulsa on Saturday.

The injury occurred on the final play of the first half, as Walker attempted to make a play on a Tulsa player, but inadvertently collided with his own teammate instead.

Walker stopped breathing at one point after medical personnel removed his helmet and shoulder pads. However, it was confirmed that Walker was breathing and responsive by the time he was loaded into the ambulance.

Walker, a senior from New Orleans, La., was playing in his 31st career game on Saturday. He has accumulated 47 tackles, four pass break-ups, and a forced fumble in three seasons at Tulane.
Below is the hit that injured him.

walker1.gif

I wonder why they removed his helmet and shoulder pads??? That's a BIG no no w/ a traumatic injury.

Minderella

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Damn!! That's a bad hit.

I'm a Michigan fan, and what was supposed to be a fairly easy win against Air Force today almost wasn't a win at all. :| Not impressed with this team so far. :/

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,311.37z
My team is a trainwreck this year.

That injury did not look that bad at first. The fact he wasn't breathing probably caused them to remove his gear.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
Yeah, the hit doesn't look THAT bad but their helmets hit pretty square on. I can only imagine the force involved.

Him not breathing would be the only good reason to remove his gear...but the article said he stopped breathing AFTER the gear was removed. If that's the case, they could be looking at malpractice suits. I tell ya, a lot of young men have made a good living abusing their body for football, but every once in a while you get someone like this kid who completely ends a promising career w/ such a horrific injury, it kinda resonates just how easily it could all be taken away.

Jackass master

Old and worn out
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
There were a lot of disappointing games yesterday. Others were really good even if the scores were considered upsets. Penn State looks very mediocre so far this year. I thought I saw where Missouri beat the Dawgs?

Maulds

Accidental Bastard
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
My team beat up on Western KY to prove to 2-0 on the season. However we probably lost our #2 tailback for the season with a knee injury and we gave up 6 sacks. That troubles me.

pjbleek

Reaction score
Tokenz
795.15z
college football is great if you have a division one team and a national television contract (Notre Dame) but being an alumni of a state college you either go to the game or read about the blip on the local newspaper...this part of the country isn't a rah-rah type of football fan. Yes, the professional team does get the press and when one of the local college entries breaks the top 25 it makes some clamor, but not as much as some of the teams that you see. I was watching a special about college tailgating parties, and I was thinking, 'damn, going to school there must have been fun!'

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
I thought I saw where Missouri beat the Dawgs?

Nope...41 to 20, Georgia. Missouri played like we normally do and lost steam in the second half. All that trash talking about " old man football" amounted to great out the gate but not much for stamina. ;)

Maulds

Accidental Bastard
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Who got injured?

Sorry for the delay Fred I just got back on and saw this. Jalston Fowler got leg whipped across his knee. He couldn't walk off the field and he is scheduled for an MRI. It might have already been done, I havent looked at al.com today yet.

Maulds

Accidental Bastard
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Nope...41 to 20, Georgia. Missouri played like we normally do and lost steam in the second half. All that trash talking about " old man football" amounted to great out the gate but not much for stamina. ;)

In the south it's called big boy football.

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yesterday was a great day... we absolutely demoralized a struggling Colorado program. Why is that a big deal you ask? Because under Pat Hill we consistently let inferior teams hang around in games, took our foot off the gas, and often times lost games late because we couldn't ever put them away. That was sure as fuck not the case last night. The score was 35-0 after the first quarter, and most of our backups were seeing significant playing time after the first drive of the second quarter. Our QB played WR in a modified wildcat with our backup taking the snaps for the last two drives of the half. We also got four interceptions, with two of them being returned for TDs, oh yeah... and we racked up four sacks I think, might've been more but I couldn't tell on some of them if the QB made it back to the LOS.

Yeah, it was just Colorado, but I think we proved that we've got a much different philosophy under DeRuyter than we did under Hill, and that's a damn good thing in my book.

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Look at the new BCS rankings!! 3 out of top 5 teams are SEC baby. The best conference in the game!!!!

Because ESPN promotes you as such. God, SC losing to Stanford was such a horrible thing to have happen to college football; cause it gives the idiots that vote another excuse to promote the SEC above everyone else.

78,864Threads
2,185,189Messages
4,953Members
Back