Books you are reading right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Kotro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I have Embassytown on my to-read pile, it will be my first Mieville - did you read that?

Anyway, done with that Calvino. Different than what I expected, not so much a novel or book of short stories, but rather a collection of essays - some were okay, others not no much. Anyway picking up Graham Greene's The Ministry of Fear next.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

tamron

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm going through the Song of Ice and Fire series. On Storm of Swords right now.

There is a huge difference between the book and the show, but what I like better is getting into the character's heads. For time and storytelling, they can't do that kind of stuff on film.

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
Mastering Blender Second Edition
mastering2.jpg

Catavenger

Still a newbie
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
What is Spider's Web about?

I am reading: George Washington's Secret Six by Brian Kilmore and Don Yaeger. It is
based on the true story of a spy ring set up by George Washington in the revolutionary war.
It was so secret that there is still one member who is unidentified.
It is pretty interesting so far but a lot of info. to take in so I'm not reading it that quickly.

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
I just got done reading "Into The Storm" by Reed Timmer, a thrillseeker/meteorologist who does whatever it takes to chase tornadoes in the Midwest section of the U.S.

Spade

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.35z
Audio books count, right?
I recently finished "Dad Is Fat" by Jim Gaffigan. As a non parent I was amused here and there since it is basically short sets (if you didn't know, he's a stand up comedian), and I take it that parents would have a better understanding of the material to have a better laugh at it.

The other one I'm listening to now is the Maltese Falcon. I kept trying to find something that interested me so I could listen to it while doing mundane chores, I settled on this after a lengthy search (at 20+ minutes to find something to listen to it just feels like procrastination to put off said chores). At about halfway through I am very pleased with this (audio)book. While the main character has a different detective archetype from Holmes, this may encourage me to pick up one of a couple of Holmes books I have.

NobodysSon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I have two books on the go right now: Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson and House of Chains by Steven Erikson.

I was reading the latter when I was given the former by a friend at Christmas during out yearly book swap. I am trying to finish it so that I can give it back but I am finding it rather boring. Not much is happening and the pace is pretty slow. House of Chains is the fourth in a series and I have enjoyed it so far though the ones that came before were more interesting. This one is much slower paced.

78,865Threads
2,185,193Messages
4,953Members
Back