Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Denis Hard

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
The Last Unicorn — A fantasy story about a Unicorn who embarks on a quest to find the rest of her species. On her way, she makes a number of friends who join up to help her attain her goal. Transformed into a human to escape a cruel fate, the last unicorn falls in love with the son of a cruel king who's keeping all the other unicorns prisoners in the sea. The girl/unicorn must now choose between the love for her species [the unicorns] and the love for the young prince/hero — It's a nice book.

Dave

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Im currently reading The Hobbit. Im a big fan of the Lord of The Rings series and enjoy watching the movies as well. Cant wait for the rest of the Hobbit to come out in the movie theaters!

Iconsistency

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm currently reading Reamde, by Neal Stephenson. I've heard that it's good and is part of a genre that I usually enjoy reading, so I have high hopes for it. It has almost everything I'm interested in - corporate scandals, corporate conspiracies, war(?) as well as including elements of other illegal activity such as money laundering or smuggling.

jreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Clash of Kings... No spoilers!!! I like to read Game of Thrones books well after show corresponding to it has aired but not ahead, that way I'm surprised by the show, but I can read and learn about things in greater detail. It's also fun to see what changed for the show. Yeah, I take my Thrones very seriously. I also started Crash and Burn by Artie Lange last night, which is a sad account of his struggles with heroin for the past few years. Sounds like it might be a depressing book, but I'm a big fan of Artie comedically, it's interesting so far, to say the least. But it's a bit depressing.

Leah Love

Reaction score
Tokenz
253.00z
Clash of Kings... No spoilers!!! I like to read Game of Thrones books well after show corresponding to it has aired but not ahead, that way I'm surprised by the show, but I can read and learn about things in greater detail. It's also fun to see what changed for the show. Yeah, I take my Thrones very seriously. I also started Crash and Burn by Artie Lange last night, which is a sad account of his struggles with heroin for the past few years. Sounds like it might be a depressing book, but I'm a big fan of Artie comedically, it's interesting so far, to say the least. But it's a bit depressing.

You have Dany as you avy, we kinda gathered :p

EG mime

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've been reading a lot of Edgar Allen Poe short stories. I remembered some of them from my childhood, but wanted to sort of rediscover them. One of my New Years resolutions was the increase my vocabulary, so I've been turning to the likes of George Orwell and, now, Edgar Allen Poe.

It's been fun!

thebodyofjwb

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm reading a book called "Bird by Bird" by Anne Lamott. It's basically a book about writing. The author has a pretty decent sense of humor, but I find she tries too hard to inject humor into her writing, and it is annoying sometimes. Most of the advice she gives is pretty standard, but there are some interesting things in there. It's a book I'm reading for one of my classes.

SueA555

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
W is for Wasted, by Sue Grafton. I am enjoying this one very much. I have liked all of Grafton's books, and look forward to new ones coming out.

bmfc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've been reading a lot of Edgar Allen Poe short stories. I remembered some of them from my childhood, but wanted to sort of rediscover them. One of my New Years resolutions was the increase my vocabulary, so I've been turning to the likes of George Orwell and, now, Edgar Allen Poe.

It's been fun!
Funny you say that because, I have been reading his stuff, myself. Funny, it reminds me of my father. He is gone. We would read poetry to each other, all of the time. Have you ever read Robert Frost's stuff?

Joker99352

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've been reading a lot of Stephen King's short stories lately. The collections are Night Shift, Skeleton Crew, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, and Everything's Eventual. Each one has good stories but so far my favorites have come out of Skeleton Crew. I'm reading the stories in Nightmares and Dreamscapes in sequential order rather than randomly like the other ones, so I guess you could say that's the book I'm currently reading.

mintyfish

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Currently reading a book of poems by Charles Bukowski called Love Is a Dog from Hell. Not sure how I feel about it as of yet. I don't normally read poetry so this is a bit out of character for me, but I've always wanted to read Bukowski. Sometimes I think he might be a little too much of an old, bitter alcoholic for me, and these poems get a little grossly descriptive and perverted (for me, anyway), but other times he comes out with beautiful lines like "there is a loneliness in this world so great that you can see it in the slow movement of the hands of a clock."

Catavenger

Still a newbie
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I haven't felt much like reading lately so I'm reading a book that mostly has pictures. "The Last Tall Ships" by Georg Kahre. It's about the end of the age of sailing ships. It has a lot of pictures of the ships. I imagine what it would be like to sail on one..

Susime

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I'm currently reading "One Spring in Picardy", it's about a WW1 night bombing squadron in France. I'm quite lucky to get a hold of this book because it's getting quite a rarity. So far it's a good read.

Kotro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Currently reading "The Road to San Giovanni" by Italo Calvino, one of my favourite authors. So far it's not as engrossing as other books I've read by him (especially the "Our Ancestors" trilogy and "If on a Winter's Night a Traveler"), but it's a fine read nonetheless.

SpiralArchitect

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Currently reading "The City and the City" by China Mieville. I am only down to a few pages and this feels good so far. Doesn't seem like his usual weird fiction stories and has more of a pulp detective story feel to it.

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back