Participants list

Ryum

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
'Is there a real answer here? Nope"

I meant no one so far as guessed the answer

hint
when you get to know someone what is one of the first things you find out about them?

cage

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Re: RE: Yes / No game

Ryum said:
'Is there a real answer here? Nope"

I meant no one so far as guessed the answer

hint
when you get to know someone what is one of the first things you find out about them?
Their name?

Ryum

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Okay I give

Since this is at the bottom of the page I might aswell post the answer

but before I do, just wanted to make sure someone didn't want me to ruin it for them yet.

Will post the answer later tonight, maybe early tomorrow depending on any objections

Ryum

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
okay here it is

The man is an ex-marine who one time on the coast of an unnamed island came under attack
They were all pinned down for almost a week with very little supplies
They were currently "safe" where they were but didn't have enough food to go around
The man's leader devised a plan to keep his soldiers strength up by asking all of them if they had ever had clam chowder before
All of them said no
The leader told the cook to use the meat from the bodies of the dead men and make a stew so they could stave off his troops from becoming so malnurited they wouldn't be able to fight well when they were to make their charge to their boats

The men ate the "clam chowder", made a successful charge took back the beach, and took their boats back

The leader nor the cook ever told his soldiers what they had eaten..

When the man tasted the clam chowder at the resturant all those years later he realized what he had done

artisan00

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
that makes no sense, since there is no reason for the guy to believe he ate people... in a normal case , the first reaction the guy shuold have just thuogh the chowder was not what he thought it would taste like... but to jump to the conclusion that the other one was people? i dunno maybe im being too cynical

Ryum

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
this is one of two times I have ever had to tell the answer

then again most people ask about the profession about the guy early on then the rest falls into place over many many guesses

artisan00

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
well, i see how it could be 'guessed', my problem is that i didnt think the story made sense.. as in, in the story, why would tasting real chowder force the guy to think what he had last time must have been people?

cage

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Re: RE: Yes / No game

artisan00 said:
well, i see how it could be 'guessed', my problem is that i didnt think the story made sense.. as in, in the story, why would tasting real chowder force the guy to think what he had last time must have been people?

This is why.

The man is an ex-marine who one time on the coast of an unnamed island came under attack
They were all pinned down for almost a week with very little supplies
They were currently "safe" where they were but didn't have enough food to go around
The man's leader devised a plan to keep his soldiers strength up by asking all of them if they had ever had clam chowder before
All of them said no
The leader told the cook to use the meat from the bodies of the dead men and make a stew so they could stave off his troops from becoming so malnurited they wouldn't be able to fight well when they were to make their charge to their boats

The men ate the "clam chowder", made a successful charge took back the beach, and took their boats back

The leader nor the cook ever told his soldiers what they had eaten..

When the man tasted the clam chowder at the resturant all those years later he realized what he had done

After he had real clam he realize the taste was different, and realized he ate ppl.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back