work out people

Users who are viewing this thread

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
how was last week? have you accomplished any mini-goals yet? what do you have planned for this week?

Last week I went to the gym every day for at least an hour, some days an hour and a half. I haven't been since late November so I had a little bit of padding coming back that I needed to get rid of. I had bought some really tight jeans in November that I wasn't able to wear after Christmas, but now I am back in them after 5 days of exercise. Today was day 6 (skipped sat and sun) and everything seems to be getting ridiculously easy for me. I've never really felt this way about exercise, and I'm thinking maybe I need to step up my routine, but I really am kinda stumped about what else I need to do. Diet-wise, I did good last week...but this weekend was kind of a bust. bleh. Hope you guys are still sticking with this!

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

OUZBnd

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Last week was an okay workout week for me. Thursday workout was rushed due to other commitments. I got a good workout in today. Looking ahead at my schedule I think I am going to miss a work out this week.

Jersey

Mrs. Dontchaknow
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
only days i missed was tuesday and sundays
tuesday was a rooooought family day and sunday... well it was sunday
im obviously missing today because of 24... but im doing crunches and girlie pushups at the commercial breaks

hhayes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
yesterday i walked and tonight i just walked/jogged 2 miles and did crunches. sometimes i don't get the chance to go so i am doing it when i can. i have no routine right now.

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
ok im going to derail my own thread... HEather..can you believe that jack shot curtis?! i almost cried!!!

and back to the topic at hand. Yay for everyone, I am really proud of you guys! Let us know when you step on the scale if the numbers are reading differently! I don't think I'll have a loss for at least 3 weeks because of the muscle gain...it would be nice if I did but I am really pushing it at the gym so I'm not sure I will see much of a change in anything but my clothes for a bit. Keep up the good work guys!

Jersey

Mrs. Dontchaknow
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
i cant even take the heart attack... 24 then i went to go see alpha dog YIKES!!!

but yeah, so i did my crunches/girlie pushups during commercial breaks...

oh and yesterday i went ice skating... yeah that didnt help the broke ass calf muscle i had-- but it was good times.. .nice little workout staying on those tiny blades!

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
omg weird. i went and saw alpha dog tonight too! what did you think of it? I was impressed with JT's acting, it just got better and better as the movie went along. AND omg i cant believe they did it...i dont wanna give it away..but you know...to the kid...

Jersey

Mrs. Dontchaknow
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
holy crap-- i went from a goddamn HEART ATTACK on 24 to that movie!! i literally thought my heart was gonna come out of my chest... i was pretty impressed too with JT.. and i loved the kid, ya know the little one...

ps- my lower abs hurt from doing crunches last night...
just to get back on topic...
ohh-- and have fun at school clare!

Darkstar

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Clare! Not only have you manage to make me feel incredibly lazy for not keeping to my fitness resolution, but you reminded me that i missed 24!!

*sob* Im broken!

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
ooooops. go to itunes and you can download the episodes! I think they are a few bucks each. Did you watch on Sunday at least??! episode 4 was the best.

White2000GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I have had to miss a few days because of commitments at work. But friday (I think it was friday) I went for a run. I ran from my house to the base and back which is just under 3 miles. I was hauling ass too. Stupid me though, I forgot to start my stopwatch when I started, so I have no idea what my time was.
Usually when I go to the gym I do two cardios (treadmill and either cross-trainer or stationary bike) and then blast my abs, obliques, lower and upper back. Whitey will never have beer belly. I'm not into big weight training. I prefer training for tone rather than getting all big and bulky. Just my preference.

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
ok so im not gonna make a new thread, ill just wait until we get a workout forum...but i dont wanna spam so im posting a new topic in here. What do you do at the gym? I want to see the best results possible, so if anyone has any critiques for my workout let me know.
This is what I do, in order, at the gym.

30 mins on random on the eliptical (life fitness one, it has larger strides than the precor ones and other brands they have, i like this one the best)
5 minutes of stretching
2 sets of 40 reps on 45-60lbs (depending on machine) for all leg/but/stomach weight machines. I do:
calf raises
leg press
thigh press (inwards and outwards, not sure what those are called exactly)
the buttblaster (down on all 4's, pushing one leg up to a straight extension w/weight resistance)
leg extension machine
leg curl machine (the one where you lay down)

and then i do squats halfway around the track, and lunges halfway around
then i hold the bar and do kicks, 15 to each side, and 15 with each leg behind me
then I do this one machine that works your stomach...you twist with weight resistance and it works your core and obliques, then I do 100 crunches on the...crunch bench thing. I feel like I need to do more, or raise weights, but I heard raising weights isn't a good thing for girls..I don't want to bulk up, I want to slim down. what do you experts think? (are there any experts here? heh)

OUZBnd

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
My normal upper body workout is: (not always in exact order but close)

Machine Room

Bench: 8,7,6,5,5,4,3 reps
Curls on cable machine: 12,10,8
Tricept Pulldown: 12,10,8
Cable Butterfly: 12,10,8
Dips: 12, 10, 8
Chest Machine: 12, 10, 8

Free Weight Room

Hammer Curls: 24, 20, 16
Dumbbell Press: 10, 10, 10
Half Curl Holds: 24, 20, 16
Skull Crushers: 12, 10, 8
Cable Row: 12, 10, 8
Bar Curls (sometimes): 12, 10, 8

All of the above the weight increases as the reps decrease. Occasionally I add/remove certain workouts.

On my "Off" days I might run/bike/play basketball. I usually fit abs/obilques/lower back into my routine a couple times a week.

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
ouz, you decrease the reps because you are trying to get bigger right? most all the guys i talk to tell me that, but i swear ive heard for girls its supposed to be opposite...can anyone confirm this? I need to go to the gym right now, im doing arms, back and abs again today, i will list those workouts when i get home..i need to look and see what the machines are called because i have no clue on most of the arm ones

Trance97

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
BreakfastSurreal- sounds like you are working hard. I'm curious to hear what your diet is like though. Without a proper diet, your exercise routine won't do much.

OUZBnd

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
ouz, you decrease the reps because you are trying to get bigger right? most all the guys i talk to tell me that, but i swear ive heard for girls its supposed to be opposite...can anyone confirm this? I need to go to the gym right now, im doing arms, back and abs again today, i will list those workouts when i get home..i need to look and see what the machines are called because i have no clue on most of the arm ones

Yeah. General rule is low reps and high weight will cause you to get bigger faster. High reps with a lower weight is better for toning.

I try to mix it up a bit. I want to maintain a medium build but defined. I'm not out to get huge or anything like that.

BreakfastSurreal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.38z
I've been on weight watchers since June, and lost 42lbs so far. I am thinking that maybe possibly my body might be too used to the diet...I dunno really...I talked to a trainer tonight and told him what I ate today, I am at about 1650 cals a day, and the trainer told me to knock it down to 1500, he figured it with my weight on a calculator so I assume he has some formula and knows what he is talking about. I am honestly thinking of dropping weight watchers and just calorie counting now..I'm not really sure. I want to go talk to a real nutritionist before I change anything major though, but I will try 1500 cals and see if it makes a difference. I also haven't been doing too well on my water, I don't really drink sodas, maybe 1 or 2 coke zero's a week if that..but I haven't been drinking enough fluids period

Trance97

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've been on weight watchers since June, and lost 42lbs so far. I am thinking that maybe possibly my body might be too used to the diet...I dunno really...I talked to a trainer tonight and told him what I ate today, I am at about 1650 cals a day, and the trainer told me to knock it down to 1500, he figured it with my weight on a calculator so I assume he has some formula and knows what he is talking about. I am honestly thinking of dropping weight watchers and just calorie counting now..I'm not really sure. I want to go talk to a real nutritionist before I change anything major though, but I will try 1500 cals and see if it makes a difference. I also haven't been doing too well on my water, I don't really drink sodas, maybe 1 or 2 coke zero's a week if that..but I haven't been drinking enough fluids period

When I lost all my weight, I would only take in no more than 1200 calories a day. I know that's pretty low but with cardio workouts and weight training you will see huge results. I think I was losing 2-5 pounds a week.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back