What milk do you drink?

Users who are viewing this thread

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
yeah I usually call it 2% but I didn't know if that is a common term outside the US
I am not sure either if they label the percent in other countries.
One thing for sure if you ever drink half and half...its all weak after that.
Its kinda rich

Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk 2

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
half and half is good but if drink to much of that
it kills my stomach
it kinda tastes like whipped cream

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
I have a bit of an issue with dairy, and when I say a bit, I mean a lot... But that does not stop me from eating ice cream. Nothing could stop me from that.

At work I have soy milk in my coffee, at home I use almond milk in my cereal and hot drinks but for cooking and baking I use full cream milk because it gives the best results. We don't have any of these fancy percentage type milks in our supermarkets. We have full cream, skim milk or soy type alternatives. I think half and half for us would be combining whipping cream and normal milk. Does not sound very appetising.

Matilde.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I have a bit of an issue with dairy, and when I say a bit, I mean a lot... But that does not stop me from eating ice cream. Nothing could stop me from that.

At work I have soy milk in my coffee, at home I use almond milk in my cereal and hot drinks but for cooking and baking I use full cream milk because it gives the best results. We don't have any of these fancy percentage type milks in our supermarkets. We have full cream, skim milk or soy type alternatives. I think half and half for us would be combining whipping cream and normal milk. Does not sound very appetising.

Matilde.
Half and half is just a rich milk...a bit rich yes..but goes good in coffee and good for a hangover or to drink when you are getting over the flu.
Creams butter and the sort come from milk..it is skimmed...essentially raw milk is skimmed of its fat.
The fat is put back in different percentages to make milk of different fat content /then butter and such.
It tastes better than it sounds....load some nestles quick in it and you will be hooked.

Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk 2

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
fresh buffalo milk....
sometimes 'standardized milk'...
can anyone tell what standardized milk is?

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
fresh buffalo milk....
sometimes 'standardized milk'...
can anyone tell what standardized milk is?
It sounds like milk which has been processed to a specific standard rather than just saying milk per say.
I expect the milk is processed to a govt standard.
Example if that milk was cut 50 percent with water or the milk was stripped to much of its properties it cant get the stamp....just a guess..but I expect its just different wording for similar regulations that are used by different nations.
Could even mean actual "whole" milk...I am not familiar with buffalo milk and whether it has an adbundance of fat which could be skimmed to be used as othet food products.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z

thanks a lot for the link. I will go through it and respond, if anything doesn't get thru!;)

Buffalo milk is full of fat...
Standardized milk, as I understand, is NOT pure milk but a 'formulated milk' to some given standard. It may contain lime, simithicone, titanium dioxide ( for white color), bulking agents such as thickeners (additives) , etc etc.

mistymi

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I only drink soy milk. I've tried almond milk but it makes my chest hurt for some reason. I don't like the taste of dairy milk anymore unless it's added to some other drink.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back