What Do You Think Of Inter-racial Relationships?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lizbeth19ph

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
hat is your view on inter-racial relationships? I, myself is into one. :) Yes, there are many barriers but we managed to overcome them. How about you? Would you be willing to have a relationship with a foreigner?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

lovemwaf

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think that there is nothing wrong with inter racial relationships. The thing to look out for is cultural barriers and clashes. Those to me are the things that seem to be embedded in a persons belief system. If they are too different then it will be hard for that relationship to grow and to prosper.

Josie

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.15z
I don't think of them period. They don't register in my mind as something that needs thought. I've never been one to see colour or sexual preference etc.. it bothers me a lot when it comes up as something to weigh in on (not this post.. obviously you don't have a problem with your own relationship lol).

ejazu

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It doesn't matter as long as you truly love your significant other. Barriers can be overcome if both sides can put in efforts to bridge the cultural gap or rather celebrate the difference in culture. It's true that your children won't have any kind of national identity but in the current global scenario that should not be much of a problem. We all are surrounded by multi-cultural environments at home, work or school. It's a great way to learn about other other people and have a more diverse view of the world. Good luck with your relationship OP!

BWOF

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
We've definitely come a long way. There are many now who no longer see race as a barrier in a relationship and I hope this trend continues. The problem is basically due to the society that one grows up and lives in. Some parts of the world can be very difficult for this kind of relationship as many people there have negative views. I say, ignore all of that and do what feels right. We create our own relationships and make our own barriers, so the ultimate decision rests with us.

KellyValentine

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I have no problem dating out of my race. I have actually done it before. I don't think we can control who we date, like, or fall in love with. If that's what you like then I love it. I just want everyone to be happy and then maybe we would not have so much hate in the world.

Catavenger

Still a newbie
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
hat is your view on inter-racial relationships? I, myself is into one. :) Yes, there are many barriers but we managed to overcome them. How about you? Would you be willing to have a relationship with a foreigner?
There is no such thing as inter-racial relationships because there is only one race HUMAN. I think that if we all believed that we are brothers and sisters in the eyes of God we would get along better.

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I don't know maybe if you were a green girl and your friend a blue girl ...I might pick the blue girl..
Honestly I might as well be color blind when it comes to this subject

illusion

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
I understand that a lot of people grow up in more of a mono-culture. I didn't. And, so I don't really even consider inter-racial relationships as being strange. My ancestry is German. My sister's children are German/Hispanic as well as other members of my family. I've dated more races dis-similar to my own then those that are the same. For two years I was with a natural born Iranian. When a co-worker told me that it was illegal for an inter-racial couple to get married in Louisiana, I wouldn't believe him. After looking it up, he was proven right. Anyone that is shocked by an inter-racial couple needs to get over it, that sort of thing needs to stay in the past.

ReadmeByAmy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Based on my own experience an inter-racial relationship is just okay and it depends how you VALUE and TRUST your relationship. I am a product of this relationship because I am married to a foreigner. Me and my husband had different nationality and culture and to think our long distance relationship had passed the test of all times. I did not imagined we had survived it until we got married. Yes, it is hard because we are apart from each other and to think we only saw each other every 3 months every time he visited my country. After two years of very long waiting it ended to a happy married life and now we are happily living together in their country. :)

deansaliba

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
In 2013 I can't believe that this (and many other things) are still seen as rather taboo. Does it really matter what colour or race you are? I've got Asian friends who would be killed if they brought a white girlfriend home to their parents!

akasha24

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
Love is love. Any form of love is beautiful in my eyes. If 2 people love each other race shouldn't be an issue. I personally have never dated anyone who wasn't white but I wouldn't mind. Race isn't important to me, we are all human and if I am attracted to someone, then race doesn't matter. What matters is how I feel about that person.

TheViper

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.53z
There isn't anything wrong with interracial relationships. I've been with women that are of different races and had no problems. Though, I didn't meet any of their family and can't see if they would have the same views.

tajnz

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
To be honest, every time I see an interracial couple I smile as I'm multiracial (European and Polynesian, although I look Mediterranean or Eastern European) and think it's cute to see people fall in love with someone from a different background. :) One of my absolute favorite places in the world is Hawaii because there I'm not the minority being multiracial and there are so many mixed couples and families walking down the street.

NobodysSon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
In my opinion, people are people no matter where they are from or what their cultural background. If you find someone you love count yourself lucky and embrace it wholeheartedly!

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Here is an interesting worth-reading story, inter-racial as well as inter-religious, from India .

''A story from India............

“Don’t marry a Muslim”

My grandmother slit her wrists today.

To assure the inquisitive, prying world it had nothing to do with the inner politics of the family, I was asked to stick to the discussed story that she found out she had an incurable injury. The truth is she couldn’t handle the apparent shame my actions in the past two months had brought our prestigious family name.

Everyone in India barks about tradition. They say our country stands tall on an intellectual platform because we’ve been following a social structure that’s been untouched for centuries. One of the core ideas behind this structure is absolute obedience towards elders. The logic is easy enough to understand. They have more experience. The possibility of them making the right decision in a dilemma is higher. Tradition, I have been told is the platform for a good family life.

Except that I flouted this rule.

I fell in love and married a girl whose ancestor....................

read the full story here: https://www.facebook.com/mazhur.butt.7/posts/10201511646973610?notif_t=like

PrettiMamita

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I see nothing wrong with it and have done it in the past. I do not see why race or ethnicity should be an issue when it comes to dating but living in the south in the United States, many do still have a problem with it. If it wasn't for people dating outside their own people in the past, many would not even be alive today.

MakingCents

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't know why in this day an age it's even a debated topic. Dating outside your race/religion/culture is nobody's business but yours.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back