What do you do with your book after reading it?

Users who are viewing this thread

brezzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.41z
Book lovers, I am sure that you have read already different books from different authors you personally like. Now I am interested to know what do you do with the book after reading it?

I like reading good stuffs and I just do not pick any kind of books, I make sure it is a great one, I can spend hours to decide which book I should start reading. When I first got one of my best reads and I finished reading it, It came to my mind that to keep the book in my shelves is really not what I wanted to, that day, I realized the importance of passing the book to anyone who wants to read as well than just keeping it for myself.

In other words, what I do after reading a book, I do give it to other persons and give them the chance to appreciate and experience what I have did from that book. I m not a fan of keeping them only or collecting them in bulk. I feel that these books should be out there, be read and inspire a lot of people.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I love books so I hate to part with any. I bought myself a beautiful dark wood bookcase with glass doors so I can see them all the time.

Catavenger

Still a newbie
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I used to work at a place where people would leave books they had read in the break room for others to take. It was great I didn't have to buy books.

Susime

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
After I have read a book I can't bear to part with it because I know I would want to read it again. There's a book from the library that I read and I found it hard to take it back because I found it a really good read.

Makeshifter

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
I'm a book hoarder. When I'm done with my newest obsession, I place it on my shelf, sigh lovingly at it, and let it sit there for a few years until I've forgotten just enough of it to cuddle right back up into its pages. If a friend asks for it, I will happily loan it to them, but yeah. I'm definitely a literature dragon.

MyPaperBleeds

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
They usually end up on my bookshelf, especially if it's a book I enjoyed. I tend to reread books quite often. Even if it's a year later when I read it again. If it's a book that was okay, but not great, or a book I didn't enjoy, I'll try to sell it on our garage sale. If that doesn't work, I'll either donate it to a thrift shop or try to sell it at a bookstore.

pandandesign

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I usually put my books back into my home library shelf after reading them. I like all the books I have read because they are all written by my favorite authors. I don't usually give my books away unless I have more than one of the same book.

Kotro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I just keep it. Can't convince myself to throw or give books away (though I do loan them on occasion), so they just keep pilling up and gathering dust. Even tried to select a few to try and sell, but I just can't part with them, who know's if I'll want to read them again in the future?

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I would put the book in a large bookshelf that I had, so I could have it a sight while considering re-read it at a later time.

However I'm, not longer collecting books but in digital form. If this book is paper book, I would probably give it to my sister, who still collects them, unless the book is really meaningful to me to keep it, but still susceptible to be substituted for a digital version if I can find one.

amy005

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I love that there are so many readers out there still! It seems hard to come by with all the technology and such in today's world. I love reading as well and normally hold on to the books after finishing them so I can read it again in the future. I would of course always let someone borrow the book if someone were to ask.

SpiralArchitect

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Place them on the bookshelf, what else would you do with them. :D

I buy most books that I want to read and am as much of a collector as I am a reader, so I hate parting with my books.

NY Tall Guy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
if it's a book by my favorite author Dean Koontz, I usually keep it within hand's reach on a shelf somewhere as I'm sure I'll read again sometime...others like horror anthologies that I also read, I'll read and then put it away in a storage room or box to rediscover at another time, where I'm sure I'll thumb through it again and read through it again

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Ahhh so many book owners...I feel like a cheapo...I get my books from the library

Last edited by a moderator:
78,864Threads
2,185,192Messages
4,953Members
Back