• Participants list

Tim

Having way too much fun
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
111.11z
I have stated that before

Until you take the money out of politics it will just become more and more corrupt. The prize is so great people will sell their soul to get elected.

We should fully fund elections and not one penny be allowed to be accepted.

With a finite amount of money the incumbent does not have the built in advantage.

Plus we would not have people campaigning with bull shit for a year plus in advance and the house members might actually have to do their job instead of having to fund raise 365/24/7

:clap

Minor Axis

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I have stated that before

Until you take the money out of politics it will just become more and more corrupt. The prize is so great people will sell their soul to get elected.

We should fully fund elections and not one penny be allowed to be accepted.

With a finite amount of money the incumbent does not have the built in advantage.

Plus we would not have people campaigning with bull shit for a year plus in advance and the house members might actually have to do their job instead of having to fund raise 365/24/7

Hows that for upsetting? :D

MoonOwl

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
And they all count on us doing absolutely nothing about it. Well, perhaps in the last couple of years they have been rethinking that idea w/all the legislation they've tried to pass making people who think they all suck potential violent homegrown terrorists......

Perhaps they do indeed realize it will only take one little straw to break the camels back on the shit they have shoved down our throats?

*goes back to sleep*

Accountable

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
One thing all the financial restrictions can't stop is private commercials supporting one candidate or another. That's straight-up freedom of speech. I can live with that.

Accountable

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

I would also like to add that CEO's should not be compensated with company stock. This little beauty was started with Reagan and it has helped to create the want to boost the numbers for the quarter while ignoring the long term health of the company.
If you remember back that far, that cute little idea came about as a way to get around executive pay caps. I think Carter was in charge then but I could be wrong. Follows logically, though. Caps under Carter , end-run under Reagan.

RUBESH

Reaction score
Tokenz
415.23z
The writer clearly expresses their dissatisfaction with the way the United States government has handled the country's resources and industry over the last many decades. They feel that the government's choices have resulted in the sale of American resources to foreign countries, leading the country's wealth and influence to erode.

78,865Threads
2,185,211Messages
4,953Members
Back