Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Mystic

OTz's Typo Scouser
Reaction score
Tokenz
117.19z
Can people give their thoughts here on whether they are pro or anti war and why?
well so long as we aren't talking current wars then I'll say this:

I am against war BUT, if tomorrow someone came into my country(England) and killed hurt or anything of such, AND I wasn't a mum...you can be damned sure I would go to war....I feel the same about Canada.

My husband and I were talking about this the other day...that if one of us had to go to war who would go...I said I would. I wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger against those that are my countries...my families enemy.

But thats it...you NEED to have a proper reason.

.... and as far as how wars are fought today...i think they are shite... it should be we fight to win, to conquer and bitch slap these animals into their proper places. I'm all for dropping a bomb on the entire desert region overseas. Get rid of the entire lot, and bring home our women and men sooner just like what we did with Hiroshima.

centamtom

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Totally agree! Im from Ireland and i wanted the lisbon treaty to come in so we could get involved in military action. Im in the irish military but i was seriously thinking about joining the british army so i could get some action

Anie

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The reasoning behind war is pointless, stupid and what you believed in once is questioned. As much as I dislike war, it's needed sadly. Sometimes being diplomatic isn't enough. No matter what the outcome is.... something is always lost, whether it'd be freedom or a life it doesn't matter, there isn't a good or bad side either. It's fighting for something you justified as right, so really I question everyone's motives behind it, the answer usually comes out of anger... meh

Titan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm a lil for it, and a lil against it. Most of the time it really doesn't solve anything, and some of the time it does. I mean, the Iraq War seems pointless to me, but I am in support of the troops, don't get me wrong. This all started after the Twin Towers were destroyed, and IMO, we should have been looking for Bin Laden right from the start, since he is the one behind it, even though he may deny it.

valley

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Can people give their thoughts here on whether they are pro or anti war and why?
I am pro war in the right circumstances. The Civil War is a good example.

I also support the war in Iraq. I personally believe that this war is a just war, being fought for a good cause and that a greater good will come of it in the end. I hope to see changes in the next generation of Iraqi people...changes that help them to be more tolerant of others who are different. I mostly want to see them have the same kinds of freedoms that we take for granted in our day to day lives.

Valentin

Banned
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The civil war wasn't a just war. "Oh boo hoo, i don't want to pay taxes". If you don't want to pay taxes to a specific government, you move out of their territory.

centamtom

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Think about it, most wars can be traced back religion startin it. Hitler and the aryan race, Ireland and UK (which technically lasted 800yrs), Afghanistan and the west etc. etc.

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Think about it, most wars can be traced back religion startin it. Hitler and the aryan race, Ireland and UK (which technically lasted 800yrs), Afghanistan and the west etc. etc.

Somewhat true. My agreement or disagreement of war is based on the situation though. The two greatest wars were faught for good and the're THE reason I'm not living in a Nazi state, it had nothing to do with religion.

Titan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

About the Hitler thing, he started that after he survived a near death experience during WWI. He started to take over countries like Poland, and also started to blame the Jewish people for many things, such as Christ being crucified onto the cross as one of the main reasons. After going through what the Germans did after WWI, not being able to have an army, or any weapons, etc, you would be pissed as well. They were just looking for someone to take a stand, and Hitler did just that.

The only wars that I could say that involve religion would be in the Middle East.

JulioO101193

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
ANTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes absolutely no sense... people killing each other is not solving or has ever solved ANYTHING.

Of course as a defense means against a direct attack is kinda acceptable

But it should be avoided at all costs its just so pointless.

It always starts with ignorance and discrimination...

But hell the poor kids volunteer so they cant complain... its just sad.

Obdurate

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Well, obviously sometimes some force needs to be met with some force because of the world we live in but the concept of war is bullshit. So I'm anti-war.

78,866Threads
2,185,227Messages
4,953Members
Back