TV series worth watching

Users who are viewing this thread

One Direction

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
Hey there guys. I have a bit of time on my hands right now. I'm currently on leave and I have 1 week all to myself. I plan on doing some marathon viewing on the side too. Any good TV series that you could recommend that's worth watching in a marathon bash? Let me just give to you some TV series that I have watched which I found awesome:
  • Lost
  • Heroes
  • Prison Break
  • Suits
  • House
  • Greys Anatomy

Any others that you could recommend?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

aditk8149

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I am more into the situational comedy aka sitcoms. I have been watching them since past 4-5 years and they are always fun to watch.
You can watch a particular episode from one of the sitcoms, and actually, you can find the same episode as funny as you watched it the last time.
This is the reason why I love sitcoms under TV Series.

To suggest, here are few which I will recommend:
How I met your Mother
Friends
Scrubs

illusion

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
Based on that list, you might be the kind of person that would like Firefly. If you don't know, it was a Joss Whedon show that was only giving one season. There's about 20 episodes in that season, and they are all awesome. To tie up the show, he was able to do a movie which was Serenity. I suggest you go through the whole season and then finish up with the movie.

BelgianRockfan2

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think you're going to like Arrow and Revolution (two different shows). Other great shows are
- The Walking Dead (Show about a group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse, sometimes fighting other survivors.)
- Sherlock (BBC version with Benedict Cumberbatch. Sort of a modern retelling of different Sherlock Holmes books, each episode is 1h30 long though.)
- Game of Thrones (Political fantasy drama is I think the best way to describe this.)
- Doctor Who (Sci-Fi action show about an immortal, time-travelling alien and his companions. Best to start with the 2005 reboot, not the original show from 1963.)
- Firefly (See the person above me.)

add77

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I would like to recommend my own personal favorites like:
  • How I Met Your Mother (comedy)
  • The Big Bang Theory (geek comedy)
  • Supernatural (drama, thriller, horror)
  • Scrubs (awesome comedy, this show is perfect for marathons :D)

themarksquared

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I recommend you watch Hannibal if you're into crime investigation-slash-horror genre. It has a very spooky, yet addicting, atmosphere. They're only done with their first season so you won't have to catch up on a lot of episodes.

Vajk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Wow, nobody mentioned Breaking Bad yet? Funny, that's an excellent show. Bryan Cranston, the actor who plays Hal in Malcolm in the Middle, is the protagonist of this show, in which we see him as Walter White, a high school chemistry teacher turned drug lord. When he finds out that he has inoperable lung cancer, he turns to cooking meth to provide a lot of money for his family before he dies. It's a great show, albeit unsuitable for younger children.

Manny030

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Wow, nobody mentioned Breaking Bad yet? Funny, that's an excellent show. Bryan Cranston, the actor who plays Hal in Malcolm in the Middle, is the protagonist of this show, in which we see him as Walter White, a high school chemistry teacher turned drug lord. When he finds out that he has inoperable lung cancer, he turns to cooking meth to provide a lot of money for his family before he dies. It's a great show, albeit unsuitable for younger children.

Yes it's a great show but there won't be any new episodes anymore. :(

I really like Family Guy, Hell on Wheels and some older shows like Seinfeld and Flight of the Conchords

Vajk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Actually, there will be a spin-off series with Saul Goodman as the protagonist. It's going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad, or so I've heard. Whatever may be the case, I am really looking forward to it, because Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows, if not THE most favorite one.

Chaos

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
From your list I watched House, Suits and Prison break, all of them are great shows. I would also recommend Breaking Bad, The big bang theory, Grimm and Sons of Anarchy. But now it all depends on what kind of shows you like comedy, drama, horror, action etc.

isabbbela

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I feel like a broken record always recommending these, but they are not very well known at all. And knowing how awesome they are (my two favorite tv shows ever), I feel like recommending them everytime!
So without further due, here they go - the 2 tv shows you should watch!
Veronica Mars Battlestar Galactica

Sness

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I watch more comedy than drama so I'll suggest The Office, Arrested Development and Better Off Ted (this one got cancelled after season 2 :(), and on the drama genre I'll go with CSI (the first 9 seasons), Dexter (haven't seen this one but everyone seems to love it), Prófugos (Chilean serie about drugs and stuff, it may be a little tricky to find where to watch this one).

Uh, I don't watch too much series to be honest.

rand paul

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

Yes totally agree - breaking bad must be the best show on tv.

MindyT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I would recommend the show Perception with Erik McCormick. I think that is his name. He played Will on Will & Grace. It is a crime-solving drama. It is awesome! Have you ever watched Burn Notice? That's good. What about the show Bones? As far as comedies, I would go the classic route with Seinfeld and Friends.

Woobeewoo

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Breaking Bad, of course. One of the best series of all time, incredibly deep, engaging and with amazing production. It's also one of the few series that not only held its quality over time, but got even better.

Kokonomi

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
I'd recommend watching Wilfred, it's pretty funny and dark at the same time, and Wilfred the dog himself is very adorable. I think it's a very creative show even if it kind of plays on an idea that has been done several times before. I think there are two versions, but I've only ever watched the American adaptation and I loved it, also I think the dog is played by the same actor on both, so that's a bonus, I love that guy.

Minormc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The only 3 I can think of that I do watch often is Cold Justie, Castle and The Mentalist. If you are into cop like shows these shows would be right up your alley as they say.

diprod

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Hey there guys. I have a bit of time on my hands right now. I'm currently on leave and I have 1 week all to myself. I plan on doing some marathon viewing on the side too. Any good TV series that you could recommend that's worth watching in a marathon bash? Let me just give to you some TV series that I have watched which I found awesome:
  • Lost
  • Heroes
  • Prison Break
  • Suits
  • House
  • Greys Anatomy

Any others that you could recommend?

I miss watching House :-(. I love watching SUITS these days because Harvey Specter is just so hot!

78,865Threads
2,185,201Messages
4,953Members
Back