The cause of poverty

Users who are viewing this thread

Mrs Behavin

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.55z
It seems that there are many explanations for the cause of povery. Here are the ones I've heard:
-Some people are naturally lazy. There are those that would not put in an effort to schooling or a career, and thus become impoverished. This is not because of outside influence, but because of their ability within.

-Too much competition. When people fail in competitive situations, they becaume affraid and resentful of it, and give up. As apposed to learning from there mistakes and using that new knowledge to attain their goal, they are just 'turned off' of society, and develop a sense of inferiority.

-Changes in the market. If someone is educated in a certain field, and they go out into the workforce doing what they were trained to do, then someone or another company might produce something that makes his product obsolete. In which case, he is not trained for any other profession, develops a sense of inferiority and joins the impoverished.

So what do you believe to be the cause/causes of poverty?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

redsMULLT1

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
I'm poor because I can't control my rage enough to keep a job. I either quit or got fired today... I dunno whitch but I'll let you all know later. :dunno

redsMULLT1

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
I've been getting screwed with my loads and routes all week. So today i had enough and road raged all the way back to the ware house, slid the truck into a bay... literally slid into a bay... and turned in all my paperwork and left. I turned my truck in with 3/4 of my load still on. I'm job hunting as of tommorow.

Mrs Behavin

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.55z
Oh Shit!!! I was gonna ask you to if that was you that I saw @ 4:45 on Central ave in the Pepsi truck. But I guess not.

redsMULLT1

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Re: RE: The cause of poverty

Mrs Behavin said:
Oh Shit!!! I was gonna ask you to if that was you that I saw @ 4:45 on Central ave in the Pepsi truck. But I guess not.

nooooope..... I was at home playing Xbox by that time....

mdvaldosta

Reaction score
Tokenz
20.04z
I believe poverty is usually caused by education. Not the schooling kind... the common sense kind. When people grow up and their parents never teach them the values of hard work - because they get a gov't check, or teach them respect, or teach them that a school education is important and make sure they get good grades and encourage them to do well in school.

Shit rolls downhill, and poverty is shit.

blank

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
poverty is lazieness at is finest(worst) people are looking for a hand out instead of earning there money

kinda what joe said

RUBESH

Reaction score
Tokenz
415.23z
People who lack education may find it difficult to find well-paying jobs or may be more vulnerable to layoffs and unemployment. Education is frequently viewed as a means of escaping poverty.

Discrimination: Segregation against people based on their color, ethnicity, gender, age, or other traits can limit their prospects and perpetuate poverty.

Financial circumstances: Job losses, decreased pay, and poverty can result from economic downturns or market shifts.

People with chronic illnesses or disabilities may find it difficult to work or may have high medical expenses that deplete their income.

Families with several dependents or single-parent homes may struggle to make ends meet on a single salary.

Stardom22

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,601.98z
Poverty is mostly brought by laziness. The rich would wake up at 3:00am and began the day's work while the poor wakes up at 10-11 pm begging for food

Springtime

Reaction score
Tokenz
997.52z
I also think that poverty is mostly brought by laziness. Not study hard or work hard. Spend more than you can afford also causes poverty. If you do not save and invest, you will not get rich.

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back