Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

CareBear3030

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
2001_Saleen said:
PULL THE FUCKING PLUG!! This is our country at its worst. We have a war habit that needs feeding, a budget deficit and many other important issues, whether this hoe lives or dies should not involve the whole damn nation, and most certainly not the damn congress or president, or even his littlwe bitch brother. This makes me disgusted with the government, both republicans (mostly) but also democrats too. We have much bigger issues than whether one woman lives or damn dies. The court made Mike her guardian in like 1992, so let him do what he needs to do with his wife, she won't recover, and it is cruel to keep her alive. Sorry for this ramble but this more than anything else pisses me off, what a fucking waste of tax dollars. I already called and wrote both my congressmen in MN and WI, a common occurance with me! :D

Wow....are we agreeing Saleen???

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

artisan00

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
mostcorrupt said:
I say pull the plug

Honestly, if that were me, I would not want to live like that. What is there to get out of life when you can't feed yourself, can't leave your bed, you can't even communicate, only "respond". Plus, I read from my local news that a few psychologists examined her and said that there was no hope for her brain to ever have any significant cognitive activity going on. Which means she's not even processing thought.

And also, I don't see what the Catholics have their feathers all ruffled about. They always say that this life is merely a test and that the real life is after this one. Shouldn't they want her to die peacefully and supposedly go to Heaven for all eternity or whatever? If the Catholics' philosophy on the afterlife is correct, then that's where she would go after what she's been through, right? Hypocrites I tell you, all of them....

I can understand that the parents want to keep their child with them, and that they are blinded by their love. But when it comes down to it, she's probably better off just being put to rest. I personally don't agree with the whole "death by starvation" bit, though. If they're going to let her go, do it by lethal injection or something, not starvation. Even abandoned animals get a more humane death than that...

looks like im alittle late here - but ill say something -
just want to add, that how you could say 'you wouildnt want to live like taht'? its easy to say now, but when faced with death, most people dont act normally, nor can one predict ones reaction. humans and animals alike have an innate desire to live and protect themselves. im not saying i know what she was thinking, but its not really possible for people to assume she is thinking one way or another. yes, for all we know she could have been completely dead in the head, but again, for all we know, she could have been dreaming of something wonderful. she was supposeldy 'reacting' to certain things - which means there WAS some kind of activity going on there. i dont have an asnwer either, but i def. still think this whole thing was blown way overboard. also, i hated they way the husband expressed his opinion - he kept saying 'we are taking away her right to die peacefully' ... but he could have just as easliy have said 'taking away her right to live if the situation was reversed.' which leads me to believe his opinion was irrelevant. the point is that people have a *right* to do anything they please(to a point, obvioulsy) and we cant say what they do want or dont want to do about it.

now that ive said nothing conclusive... bye now

AtlanticBlue99

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
mostcorrupt said:
AtlanticBlue where are you, debates are no fun if everyone is agreed.

Come on, prove us wrong... :fu

but i agree. michael schiavo waited 3 years to compensate for the money for suing doctors for not diagnosing terri's bulimia. then after 3 years of no progress, terri's brain liquified. for the past 12 years, michael has been trying to put terri to peace. for the last 5 years, terri hasnt been outside in natural light.

if there is someone to blame for this tragedy, it is society and the media for urging terri to look beautiful. i dont think anorexic or bulimic people are pretty at all. they are repulsive. but terri fell into the traps of society and it caused her own demise.

is death by bulimia suicide? just asking b/c if it is, michael will recieve no insurance money... just a though fo those who think he is in it for the $$

Blackwater_GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Well she died today. I dont know what to think. I dont have all the details. All I know is that she wasn't on a heart pump or a respirator. She was brain dead? Not if you heard what some of the Doctors said. I dont know of a any cat scans performed. whether or not she was able to feed her self or sit up on her own or respond to people or things like heat or cold is not important. She was breathing on her own which seems to me that there was still life. Cutting off a persons food and water supply is a slow death. In humane by my point of view.

czwalga00gt

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Thank god, i dont have to hear about this anymore... I know its a terrib le thing, but god damn vegetative state for 15ish years? Plus all the pictures and movies they played of her on the news was like 5 years ago. She was in a much worse state than the portrayed her.

God damn media creating controversy.

dt3

Back By Unpopular Demand
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.21z
The ,edia creating controversy is how they make money and get people to watch. Sad but true.

artisan00

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
mostcorrupt said:
they're doing an autopsy to see the extent of her brain damage... only then will we truly see which side should've won...

well, they had CT scans already - brain was masively atrophied and fluid filled.

HOTRODSnBOOZE

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I know this is in bad taste, but I just got an email from T-Shirt Hell with Aprils new shirts....plus Kirstie does need to go on a fricking diet.

album_pic.php

artisan00

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
in response to boozes tshirt thing - anyone see the 'viva la bam' where they tried to keep his dad from eating for a whole day?

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
HOTRODSnBOOZE said:
I know this is in bad taste, but I just got an email from T-Shirt Hell with Aprils new shirts....plus Kirstie does need to go on a fricking diet.

album_pic.php

Well shes died this is OVER and shes better off :wtf

Tim

Having way too much fun
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
111.11z
Tazzy said:
well thats over Thank God atleast she will be in peace now :dunno

What the hell are you talking about? She was in peace, she was in a coma... very peaceful if you ask me. She was let go for her families benefit, not for hers. :dunno

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Either way shes with GOD now so is there a better place for her to be ...... ( are do you think laying in a bed curled up like a Baby is better for her ) ...... :dunno

78,865Threads
2,185,211Messages
4,953Members
Back