Schiavo Case

Users who are viewing this thread

CareBear3030

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Whats everyone's opinion on this??

I, myself, am torn.

As far as a living will for me....do what it takes to keep me here....beat me, shock me, feed me...etc. Even a short term life support...do what it takes. When I was a teen I was in a coma for 3 weeks on life support. I did make it out of it, and am thankful my mother did not say "no life support".

But on the other hand...after 15 years....the chance of her pulling out and being aware, much less normal are very slim. I would not want to be here for years and years with my family suffering and watching me suffer. I understand her husband does have a new life...but she is still there....and I'm sure he has to hurt seeing her like that. Maybe enough is enough???

But then again, medical technology grows by bounds and leaps daily...so who knows in 5 more years maybe they can do something. Also....its just food. All they are doing to keep her alive is feeding her. I used to work in a nursing home. I had to hand feed many many patients. I have to hand feed my son. No matter if she should live or die, I still think starving her to death is inhumane.

I am just curious what others felt about this topic. I gotta say for once I am fencing this one!

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

mostcorrupt

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I say pull the plug

Honestly, if that were me, I would not want to live like that. What is there to get out of life when you can't feed yourself, can't leave your bed, you can't even communicate, only "respond". Plus, I read from my local news that a few psychologists examined her and said that there was no hope for her brain to ever have any significant cognitive activity going on. Which means she's not even processing thought.

And also, I don't see what the Catholics have their feathers all ruffled about. They always say that this life is merely a test and that the real life is after this one. Shouldn't they want her to die peacefully and supposedly go to Heaven for all eternity or whatever? If the Catholics' philosophy on the afterlife is correct, then that's where she would go after what she's been through, right? Hypocrites I tell you, all of them....

I can understand that the parents want to keep their child with them, and that they are blinded by their love. But when it comes down to it, she's probably better off just being put to rest. I personally don't agree with the whole "death by starvation" bit, though. If they're going to let her go, do it by lethal injection or something, not starvation. Even abandoned animals get a more humane death than that...

AtlanticBlue99

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
depends on which doctors you believe. i think michael is covering some domestic abuse up by pressing for her death and not transferring custody of terri to her loving family.

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
well the thing is if she ever told her husband she didnt wont to live like that ( and no one would know but him ) then hes doing what is right and .... seeing there is no Brain activate then .... actually the Docters are doing right cause there no reason for her to be kept alive if there no life there and i saw a pic of her brain .... and compared to a normal brain there was no activate ...... and me personally i wouldnt wont to stay alive like that .....curled up like a baby and not able to do anything for myself :dunno :dunno :dunno

dt3

Back By Unpopular Demand
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.21z
I agree with most corrupt and carebear. She doesn't need to be kept alive, but starvation is a terrible way to die. Lethal injection would be a good idea I think, but didn't Dr. Kevorkian go to jail for that? I think the parents need to let her go, it's been 15 years.

AtlanticBlue99

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
one problem to lethal injection- euthenasia is illegal in the US. the only way to kill her legally is to take her off the iv and feeding tube. otherwise, the doctor that administers the 3 injections involved in lethal injection would lose his/her liscense and be tried for murder.

mostcorrupt

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
that's the problem with our government. you know you've reached a faulty point when it's legal to starve someone, but illegal to put them to sleep.

Tim

Having way too much fun
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
111.11z
It makes me wonder about all these Catholics that are getting involved... why is it they talk about heaven being so great but they are so afraid of going? I mean look at the pope behind bullit proof glass all the time... I mean if he's afraid to go, then the rest of us don't stand a chance.

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
dt3 said:
I agree with most corrupt and carebear. She doesn't need to be kept alive, but starvation is a terrible way to die. Lethal injection would be a good idea I think, but didn't Dr. Kevorkian go to jail for that? I think the parents need to let her go, it's been 15 years.

But if youve been paying attention they have already said several times ....... she is feeling no pain cause she doesnt have those sinsations so how else is she gona die ........ take her out in the back and put a gun to her head :dunno :dunno

mostcorrupt

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
the only other beef i have wih this case and all other related is:
:gives
go look at Africa and the countries there, and many other places in the world. there's perfectly normal people there starving by the thousands. poeple all across the world are being kidnapped at ages as young as 5 and being used as sex slaves, theyre being dismembered and left to live missing limbs. if those people knew about the stupid shit our country makes such a big deal about, i can't even imagine what they would think. oh wow, school shooting, six people were killed. six fucking people. but the Schiavo case especially, give the damned feeding tube to starving African child for Christ's sake. the girl is a living vegetable, she is nothing, worth nothing. I am truly beginning to believe that sympathy for the completely useless is what's eventually going to run this society into the ground...

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Well that is true ... If our country would look in its on back yard more .... we have starving and im not talking about Shivo.. we have people with out homes ... i saw this when i lived in HOuston people living under the bridges and overpasses ..... why cant we help our on people first there enough of them here as well ..... instead of worring about something trivial .... which would have worked its self out had the law stayed out of it :dunno :dunno

2001_Saleen

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
PULL THE FUCKING PLUG!! This is our country at its worst. We have a war habit that needs feeding, a budget deficit and many other important issues, whether this hoe lives or dies should not involve the whole damn nation, and most certainly not the damn congress or president, or even his littlwe bitch brother. This makes me disgusted with the government, both republicans (mostly) but also democrats too. We have much bigger issues than whether one woman lives or damn dies. The court made Mike her guardian in like 1992, so let him do what he needs to do with his wife, she won't recover, and it is cruel to keep her alive. Sorry for this ramble but this more than anything else pisses me off, what a fucking waste of tax dollars. I already called and wrote both my congressmen in MN and WI, a common occurance with me! :D

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back