Recycling so what we do here. What about you?

Users who are viewing this thread

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
We do have recycling bins ... we have two bins one for the normal that they do come once a week to be picked up and the recycling bin they do come to empty ever second week

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Currently don't have any recycling facilities in the flats I'm in right now. But I know the local councillors want to create some for the flats because it's been mentioned in a village newsletter.

Where I used to live we recycled paper, glass, tin cans and plastics. Everything that could go on the compost heap did.

dancingpotato

Banned PER USER's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I have large bins outside my flat which collects glass, cardboard and plastic. I don't recycle. I don't have the space anywhere in my flat to have 4 different bins and I go through that much stuff that can be recycled that I'd be up and down my stairs a million times a day.

redliner

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.64z
Re: Recylcling so what we do here. What about you ?

It's probably roughly the same in my area as Redliner's....a maximum of 5 garbage bags a week, only one of them can be tinted, the rest have to be clear. No limit to blue bags, but they're collected bi-weekly, paper products and non-refundable containers cannot be in the same blue bag, we pay a deposit on most bottles and get 1/2 that back in a refund if we return it to a depot, and we have to use a green bin for all food waste.

And they check....I've had garbage bags "tagged" before for noncompliance. It's a pain, it's easier to recycle.

We have the exact same here. They are strict as well.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,402.55z
I recycle my ink cartridges through the school. When I visit places with recycle containers I put my empty drink container in the proper place. Recycling service is not offered here.

MsPoppy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Weekly general garbage-unlimted bags
Biweekly blue bag cans, bottles, and paper (most stores use blue plastic bags that recycle as the blue bags for pick-up)
Also any household furniture or other bulky stuff (limit 2 weekly)
I am not sure of green litter pickup days, as I put all that back in the soil.
Exceptions to pickup are tv's, pc's, ac's, refrigerators, tires, and hazardous chemical stuff, as these have to be taken to facilities that recycle them specifically.
Our little city is cleaning up its act and gone are the days of illegal dumps off the roadsides.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackass master

Old and worn out
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
We had recycling at our old farm. Up here you would have to drive 30 miles to the county station. I incinerate burnable stuff and bury the ashes. Food waste is all composted and all beverage containers I gift to the Amish kids to take to the recycling center. They get a nickle for every one with the proper bar code.

Francis

Sarcasm is me :)
Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
We have the Blue Box right now but we are about to change..

We will be going to the automated 3 box system.

1 garbage ( fill all you can box must close the lid )
2 Bluebox for Glass, Plastics, Cardboard and such ( one stop fill all you can box must close the lid )
3 for kitchen waste ( Compost )

Appliance and Furniture have pick up 1 item 4 times a year that can be set up all at once and than you need to drop them off yourself at a cost at the transfer station.

All Electronics are returned to a local depot usually no further than a few blocks away. You can drop off as many small items as you want but no big items bigger than a large computer tower and monitor.

Batteries and Ink Cartridges can be returned to BestBuys or Walmart ( although Walmart charges for brands not theirs ).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...cs/pcmcat149900050025.c?id=pcmcat149900050025

http://www.walmartstores.com/Sustainability/8787.aspx

Other store offer similar services, you just need to check.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back