Real Football (Soccer to you Yanks) Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Beat Fulham 4-1 to get through to the fifth round of the FA cup. Early goal came when Giggs coolly slotted home a penalty after a handball from Aaron Hughes. After that the first half was completely dominated by us, and we should have seen a second penalty awarded when Riise patted the ball out of play for a corner. As it was it was just 1-0 at the break. Into the second half a second goal arrived when Wayne Rooney finished really well. 3-0 was the score when Javier Hernandez converted Rooney's centre. Hernandez then added a fourth. Aaron Hughes then made amends for his penalty concession with a header 12 minutes from time to give Fulham something to show for their trip. A fifth goal should have arrived when Rooney converted Valencia's cross, however Mark Clattenburg saw fit to disallow the goal for a coming together involving Hernandez. In the end 4-1 is very good.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Denis Hard

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Any Arsenal fans on on-board? If you are, do you think we'll win our match today? But. . .even if we do, taking into account the tough fixtures ahead, will we be able to pull through with a few wins?

add77

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Any Arsenal fans on on-board? If you are, do you think we'll win our match today? But. . .even if we do, taking into account the tough fixtures ahead, will we be able to pull through with a few wins?

I think we did good against Crystal Palace. People will say MOTM was Szczesny, but Sagna hardly put a wrong foot in all game. Literally shut off that left flank on his own after we went down to 10. Aside from all the typical comments, I really enjoyed Nacho's audition at starting left wing for arsenal, made a case for himself.. Ozil and Giroud looked knackered at the end of that. Definitely need a break midweek. But good performance from the entire team.

So I think that we have strong case for the next few games, as long as no new injuries occur.

ajdunn

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Swansea City fan here. We have our biggest game of the season on Sunday... Cardiff City in the first ever Premier League South Wales derby!

Ryguy3026

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I need to start following EPL a lot more. It's fun to watch but I don't have Fox Soccer Plus. Can someone tell me where I can watch all of these games online, preferably on my iPad?

SpiralArchitect

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Swansea City fan here. We have our biggest game of the season on Sunday... Cardiff City in the first ever Premier League South Wales derby!

Don't think Cardiff'll be able to beat Swansea though. The swans have a much better time and a more attractive style of football. But then again upsets happen in the PL all the time. Who would have thought Cardiff'll beat Man city, but they did.

Kotro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm a big Liverpool and Sporting (Portugal) fan. Glad to see this season going rather well for both clubs so far after the disastrous years preceeding it.
I'm not so keen on the changes Brendan Rodgers has been up to lately, but they seem to be working, so who am I to disagree? Hopefully they will keep their top players this coming January transfer season.
As for Sporting, it's great to finally see them get their business in order under a new, strong leadership. Also glad to see a return to the policy of using more Academy players.

SpiralArchitect

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Great week for Manchester United yesterday. Except Liverpool pretty much everyone they are competing with lost or drew. Chelsea drawing, City and Tottenham losing and then a victory of Arsenal. As close to a perfect week as possible.

Denis Hard

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I wouldn't place much confidence in United before they get some good midfielders. At the present, each match is approached with some trepidation. Will we win or lose? Getting Moyes was the worst mistake Man United made for a looong time and they'll live to regret it.

Kotro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Who would you have prefered? Had to be someone Sir Alex trusted, and Moyes did build a good team at Everton, he just needs time. Look at what Brendan Rodgers did last year at Liverpool and where they are now.

Denis Hard

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Mourinho had expressed interest in the job. Rumors had it that when he learned that he'd been overlooked, he cried like a girl. I'm certain, that if it had been Mourinho in charge of United, they'd be at the top of the table right now. Alright. So Moyes did a good job at Everton but let's remember at that time he wasn't competing for any titles. His goal was to be in the top ten and he did it quite well. United on the other hand is on an entirely different level. For Moyes to have an impact in the EPL, he must start thinking like a Champion because that's what United is supposed to be.

Kotro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Mourinho at the top by now? How's that working out with Chelsea? Mourinho is competent, but he's no miracle worker. United are rebuilding the team, Moyes and the lot should be given time. I would love to see them crash and burn, but I'm sure they will start delivering the goods next year.

Denis Hard

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
The main reason Mourinho is not at the top of the league right now is because he made and persisted in making wrong calls at the start of the season. Juan Mata [who'd been Chelsea's best player the previous season] was [because Mourinho didn't like him] made to sit on the bench. But that aside, I don't suppose the United Management will be content with sitting back and waiting for Moyes to 'learn the ropes' of managing a top club. If he doesn't help United secure a spot in next season's Champions league IMO, he'd better be prepared to pack his bags.

78,864Threads
2,185,189Messages
4,953Members
Back