New job. New clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
It really boils down to the dress code of the office. I work in an office and we are VERY relaxed... Today I have on an AE T-shirt, jeans and sketchers.... most days it's a polo or button down with jeans boots of some kind or another... It really depends on what the employer requires and expects. I personally like the look, but I have no reason to dress that way. The days I feel like wearing my very comfy khakie carpenter pants someone usually asks why I am dressed up!

Funny story

A very long time ago I started work as a temp doing numbers in the fiduciary trust department in a large bank. First day on the job was an ice storm. Being the dedicated worker I was LOL I showed up at 0700 at the bank and NO ONE was there. I sat and waited up on the fourth floor (where the department was, security guard let me in). People didn't come in until about 0900 due to the weather. As some of the first well dressed men came in and saw me sitting there, they asked me if I was the new guy. I informed them that I was, they then told me they would give me the grand tour of the place. I thought to myself these guys are really nice considering my temp position. Then, the one shows me a LARGE corner office with a nice big oak desk and plush chair, and as we look into the office, he tells me that this is going to be my office. WOW, I was impressed. So, as we come around the corner, there is another guy sitting on a sofa reading the wall street journal. The guy who was showing me around asked this guy (sitting on the sofa) who he was and if he could help him. The guy sitting on the sofa told this guy (one giving me the tour) that he was the new vice president that was starting that day. You should of seen the look on the guys face when he looked at me and asked me what I was doing there when I informed him that I was the temp:24:

THAT'S what can happen when you dress nice:D

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

rback33

Back Again... but reformed...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
LMAO Joe... you are the only one I know that can have that kind of thing happen to you.....

78,865Threads
2,185,211Messages
4,953Members
Back