New job. New clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

whatsitsname

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm starting a new office job on Monday. As I like to dress smartly I am thinking of buying some waistcoats (vests). Is this a good look for younger people?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Codrus

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm starting a new office job on Monday. As I like to dress smartly I am thinking of buying some waistcoats (vests). Is this a good look for younger people?

Actually it is very acceptable/fashionable to wear a vest in the office, and it may also give you an added look of maturity (depending on your age) which in turn may make you more accepted around older co-workers....... i would not suggest a leather vest though.
when the vest is fully buttoned... wear a tie (careful,..only certain people can pull off wearing a bow tie . no open collars unless the vest is completely unbuttoned and allowed to move freely. no short sleeved shirts with a vest (unless you wear a coat over it and do not intend on taking it off) you can roll up your sleeves with no tie and vest open, but only then...when your tie is on/vest fully buttoned your sleeves should be down to your wrist and button (including the fore arm button),..personally i prefer a french cuff with pewter cuff-links as they seem to go with a lot.
keep your tie centered with the buttons of the vest and your belt.

now i will go erase this from my mind and bathe in bleach as i feel a little peculiar for telling you this...:willy_nilly:

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I feel a vest may be too much, but that is just me. Nicely pressed decent quality slacks, button downs, and ties in good colors (neutrals, monochromatic for work purposes) seem like more than enough. Maybe I just can't picture it well enough. Congrats on the new job.

PoopaSwoof

Doddering Old Poop
Reaction score
Tokenz
228.37z
Actually it is very acceptable/fashionable to wear a vest in the office, and it may also give you an added look of maturity (depending on your age) which in turn may make you more accepted around older co-workers....... i would not suggest a leather vest though.
when the vest is fully buttoned... wear a tie (careful,..only certain people can pull off wearing a bow tie . no open collars unless the vest is completely unbuttoned and allowed to move freely. no short sleeved shirts with a vest (unless you wear a coat over it and do not intend on taking it off) you can roll up your sleeves with no tie and vest open, but only then...when your tie is on/vest fully buttoned your sleeves should be down to your wrist and button (including the fore arm button),..personally i prefer a french cuff with pewter cuff-links as they seem to go with a lot.
keep your tie centered with the buttons of the vest and your belt.

now i will go erase this from my mind and bathe in bleach as i feel a little peculiar for telling you this...:willy_nilly:

Moonie was impressed.
I just think you're giving up on women.:turninggay2:

All Else Failed

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Nevermind about the pic. Tell us what type of office job it is, because that is all that matters. It could mean wearing a decent button down shirt or wearing what you're think of.

HottyToddyChick

Toes in the water...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I work with a guy who wears a vest... I think the guys without the vests look better. Just my opinion though. It might be one of those things where he doesn't pull it off as well as others, like the guys in the photo above.

rback33

Back Again... but reformed...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It really boils down to the dress code of the office. I work in an office and we are VERY relaxed... Today I have on an AE T-shirt, jeans and sketchers.... most days it's a polo or button down with jeans boots of some kind or another... It really depends on what the employer requires and expects. I personally like the look, but I have no reason to dress that way. The days I feel like wearing my very comfy khakie carpenter pants someone usually asks why I am dressed up!

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back