I'm that old I can....

Users who are viewing this thread

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Remember when the Library only used to loan out books (now they loan out DVD's, CD's etc

Remember when the Nokia 3330 was regarded as a must have phone.

Carry on....

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I remember owning a phone which had a green screen with black writing. It could hold like 25 text messages and I thought it was the greatest thing EVER.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Bag phone 40 cents a minute...pretty high after adjusted for inflation.
I dont remember the model.

But to go back further....house phones you actually had to dial {rotary}

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,390.55z
10 cent soft drinks in a 10 1/2 oz. glass bottle. That was recycleable, ahead of their time I tell you.

Jackass master

Old and worn out
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
10 cent soft drinks in a 10 1/2 oz. glass bottle. That was recycleable, ahead of their time I tell you.

2 cents for them and a nickle for the quarts. Used to gather them up all the time while doing my paper routes. Bought my first gun with pop bottle deposit money. Speaking of phones, I remember when we got our first one in the hollow. Party line where you counted the rings to know who it was for. We got electric in 1958 but still used lamps a lot.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,390.55z
2 cents for them and a nickle for the quarts. Used to gather them up all the time while doing my paper routes. Bought my first gun with pop bottle deposit money. Speaking of phones, I remember when we got our first one in the hollow. Party line where you counted the rings to know who it was for. We got electric in 1958 but still used lamps a lot.

We had a party line in the 70's. I returned a lot of bottles for 3 cents apiece. Then it went to 5 cents apiece. 2 cases of bottles and you could eat a lot of food at McDonald's. Hamburgers were 21 cents. I don't remember the price of fries but for less than a dollar you got 2 burgers & fries & change.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,390.55z
remember when you only had to use area codes for out of state calls.

$10 gas would last me for almost a week.

I remember the area code thing well. When I first started driving gas had just topped 50 cents a gallon and a pack of cigarettes was 50 cents too.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,390.55z
I remember the first flip phone I ever saw. Belonged to a lwayer. Everyone else had bag phones or the brick phones.

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back