If anyone would like to get married in NC

Users who are viewing this thread

BadBoy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't hate on you at all.

If two people sincerely love each other, why shouldn't they be able to marry each other?

When you say you're "pointing out a religions view", EXACTLY whose view are you pointing out?

People may condemn others because those that are doing the condemning feel that those who they condemned are not following the rules in the Bible, but what MAN is to judge another? There is only one judge, I can't help but think that people may be surprised who is in heaven an who is in hell.

I'm pointing out those views in the state you are ordained in, specifically. NC voters voted to not allow same sex marriage, yet the federal government decided that the result of that was not "democratic" enough and now allows it in NC.

I think people may be surprised that when they die, that's it. You know, like a power switch shuts off the lights, it's all over.

Religions are like a dictatorship, are they not? They rule by fear. Fear that you won't make it into a special place when you die.

So, since you believe in one "judge", let's hope for your sake, that your interpretation of the written words of the "judge" are correct.

Oh, and I think everyone should be able to partake in the misery of marriage/divorce and losing half of their shit.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I'm pointing out those views in the state you are ordained in, specifically. NC voters voted to not allow same sex marriage, yet the federal government decided that the result of that was not "democratic" enough and now allows it in NC.

I think people may be surprised that when they die, that's it. You know, like a power switch shuts off the lights, it's all over.

Religions are like a dictatorship, are they not? They rule by fear. Fear that you won't make it into a special place when you die.

So, since you believe in one "judge", let's hope for your sake, that your interpretation of the written words of the "judge" are correct.

Oh, and I think everyone should be able to partake in the misery of marriage/divorce and losing half of their shit.

You don't have to be ordained in the state you live for the state to recognize that you can marry people.

Perhaps a power switch, don't know, never died. On a sidenote, if our lives are nothing more than a power switch, not sure what meaning that would give our lives. That said, have you died? Do you know for a FACT that our lives are nothing more like a power switch? I'm guessing no matter how much smarter you may be than myself (I'm a pretty dumb guy, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) that we both don't know for certain what happens to our soul (or life force or whatever you want to call that makes us tick and the people we are). That is where faith can come into play.

For my own God, I've told him to screw himself so many times in my past, if there is a hell, perhaps a good chance I'll be going there. Would like to think that isn't the case, but it's not my call.

As for fear and religion, remember this… Know God, no fear. I don't fear my God, but try my best to love in his name. If that isn't good enough, so be it. Ultimatley the best parents don't try to educate by fear. I've also held to the notion that organized religion is the worst thing that has ever happened to God.

Last edited by a moderator:
78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back