If anyone would like to get married in NC

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I am now an ordained Christian minister, and thus, have been given state privileges to marry people (along with other religious activities).

If anyone is driving through NC and would like to get hitched, let me know:)

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
Wow, congratulations! I was just thinking about you the other day and meant to text you, but I'm old, so I quickly forgot. But just know I thought of you, LOL

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
do you marry same sex couples

To be honest, this was the reason for getting ordained. Pastor out in Idaho made a ruckus over nothing (about him being locked up if he DIDN'T marry a same sex couple) and I decided to check out his church and credentials.

Yes, I would marry a same sex couple.

Although I may be an ordained minister, I'm not the one deciding who goes where, that's up the to Big guy.

I'm thinking about doing a package deal where you can get married and stay out back in a cabin and do some hog huttin. Gotta be a market. Beaver huttin would be too easy on your wedding night.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
That answer was way more interesting than I expected it to be. I like this thread, for the record!

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
Congrats!! That's pretty awesome - If I knew more people in the US (I only know you OTz guys) I'd let them know!

porterjack

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
To be honest, this was the reason for getting ordained. Pastor out in Idaho made a ruckus over nothing (about him being locked up if he DIDN'T marry a same sex couple) and I decided to check out his church and credentials.

Although I may be an ordained minister, I'm not the one deciding who goes where, that's up the to Big guy.

I'm thinking about doing a package deal where you can get married and stay out back in a cabin and do some hog huttin. Gotta be a market. Beaver huttin would be too easy on your wedding night.
great response

made me LOL

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Yesss...you will need a secretary soon to keep up with the demand.

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
hochzeit-smilies-007.gif

BadBoy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

Not to criticize, but how can you be a Christian minister and marry same sex couples? That goes against Christian principals.

This is not my views, I'm pointing out a religion's view, so please don't hate on me.

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Not to criticize, but how can you be a Christian minister and marry same sex couples? That goes against Christian principals.

This is not my views, I'm pointing out a religion's view, so please don't hate on me.

I don't hate on you at all.

If two people sincerely love each other, why shouldn't they be able to marry each other?

When you say you're "pointing out a religions view", EXACTLY whose view are you pointing out?

People may condemn others because those that are doing the condemning feel that those who they condemned are not following the rules in the Bible, but what MAN is to judge another? There is only one judge, I can't help but think that people may be surprised who is in heaven an who is in hell.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
Don't you think if God was that concerned about same sex marriage, it would have been one of the commandments? *shrugs*

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Don't you think if God was that concerned about same sex marriage, it would have been one of the commandments? *shrugs*

People will argue that homosexuality is mentioned as being a sin because it "states" it so in the Bible.

Same thing about alcohol, but it's always fun to hear how when Jesus made water in wine, apparently it was a different alcohol content "back then" so people really couldn't get drunk off of wine, sooooo…. it was ok Jesus made wine.

Fact is, there is no man nor woman on this earth who does not sin (even if they believe in the Bible). Do we go down the catholic path and rate sins?

So, if two gay people are married for 30 years with each other, lead fine lives and hurt no one, they should go to hell just like the rapists and murderers just because they fell in love with someone of the same sex? If that is the case, I'm not so sure I want a part of heaven.

All of that said, we go back to the fact that it is NOT man who is to judge, but God (if you believe in him).

I've always wondered about the notion that if your the most evil man on who who kills for fun and has no qualms of hurting others, if you accept Jesus Christ as your svaior in the last 60 seconds of your life (and truely believe it), does that mean you get to go to heaven?

We go back to the fact that no man is to judge, but we just like to.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back