Horror Movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,054.46z
So, I like horror movies. Ever since I was a child really. I'm actually probably more scared of them now than when I was little. My girlfriend on the other hand, not a fan. She literally will cover her eyes with the slightest little thing. I do also "jumpscare" her a lot though. Guess that's not really fair :p She just makes it too easy 😂

Anyhow, I'm trying to convince her to watch "The Nun" film with with me and she just doesn't want too xD I've been meaning to see it for some time as I did like the Conjuring series. I might end up watching it without her eventually, but I want to know, what could be some ways I can get her to watch it with me :O

Also, what do you all think of horror movies?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,054.46z
…I don’t mind horror…jump scary etc…but I’m not one for gore/slasher movies….
Fair enough.
What about the original scream movie? I find it to be more of a jumper, but it is considered a slasher.

Ammi

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,249.83z
Fair enough.
What about the original scream movie? I find it to be more of a jumper, but it is considered a slasher.
…yeah, and some of the Halloween movies…(…I think that I might have only seen two…)…but the Jason ones and Saw franchise never appealed to me …and definitely not Texas Chainsaw Massacre as I know if the title has Chainsaw and Massacre in it, then it’s not for me…I‘ve liked things like The Ring/The Babadook…movies that are chilling but not based on mass killings…I like ‘haunting’ type plots because of the back stories of why that soul can’t rest and feels tortured and vengeful, type thing…

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,054.46z
I like ‘haunting’ type plots because of the back stories of why that soul can’t rest and feels tortured and vengeful, type thing…
Ever seen The haunting of hill house tv series on Netflix?

I really enjoyed it, even my gf enjoyed it. And she isn't a horror person. The story was amazing.

Ammi

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,249.83z
Ever seen The haunting of hill house tv series on Netflix?

I really enjoyed it, even my gf enjoyed it. And she isn't a horror person. The story was amazing.
…yes, I loved those..❤️…I know that some seemed disappointed with the second one because it was so different in vibe from the first but I loved that contrast as well…the first was very much more jump/scare based …but they were both emotionally driven by the sadness of their back stories…and for me, that’s an important thing to feel empathy for that soul who cant rest and is endlessly tortured, which has followed them into their death…I also liked Midnight Mass and Midnight Club…I generally am a huge fan of Mike Flanagan‘s series…

LoukiaCharilaou

Reaction score
Tokenz
754.68z
So, I like horror movies. Ever since I was a child really. I'm actually probably more scared of them now than when I was little. My girlfriend on the other hand, not a fan. She literally will cover her eyes with the slightest little thing. I do also "jumpscare" her a lot though. Guess that's not really fair :p She just makes it too easy 😂

Anyhow, I'm trying to convince her to watch "The Nun" film with with me and she just doesn't want too xD I've been meaning to see it for some time as I did like the Conjuring series. I might end up watching it without her eventually, but I want to know, what could be some ways I can get her to watch it with me :O

Also, what do you all think of horror movies?
It seems that I am not brave enough. Some people enjoy watching horror movies but I don't. Horror movies frighten and shock me, so I avoid watching them. I prefer comedies. :)

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,009.27z
Upon further review, I should probably amend my previous statement as I've remembered that I'm a fan of the Alien franchise, and that's sci-fi horror. For all that it's a movie from 1979, the original Alien is pure awesome. When I think of horror movies it's stuff like the Exorcist or the Conjuring that comes to mind and that's what gives me nightmares. I never watch slasher flicks because in spite of sitting through 3 seasons of The Boys, blood and gore really isn't my thing.

riberet19

Reaction score
Tokenz
326.83z
To me the horror movies that I liked the most are those of The Warren File although I am not very fond of this type of movies to tell the truth.

Ammi

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,249.83z
…The original Halloween was amazing, so terrifying…and Nightmare on Elm Street also…oh and The Omen…

…some of the more recent ones I’ve watched are Babadook, Hereditary and Midsommar,

Starmix

Reaction score
Tokenz
2,628.59z
I don't like horror movie it's sacrificial. I can feel the horrible beating of my heart the same way watching a boxing especially the boxing bout of Manny Pacquiao and Mayweather hehe.

Greatearner

Reaction score
Tokenz
265.82z
I don't like horror movie it's sacrificial. I can feel the horrible beating of my heart the same way watching a boxing especially the boxing bout of Manny Pacquiao and Mayweather hehe.

Well, on the contrary, I actually like horror movies a lot. The fact of the matter remains that horror movies are quite mysterious and this aspect of horror movies is also quite attractive. The fact remains that horror genre of movies have a really different fan base and there are many people who actually like such kind of movies. I do not like certain genres of movies. However, horror movies are at a really different level.

Greatearner

Reaction score
Tokenz
265.82z
I'm scared of horror movies. I love to watch funny and love stories movies. I feel so relax.

So what makes you like love stories? Each and every person may have their own preferences. I also love science fiction movies as well. This also involves watching movies related to aliens and some other stuff. Such movies are also entertaining as well. The fact remains that i also love to watch documentaries as well.

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
I'm like your girlfriend and scared of horror movies! LOL I will cover my eyes at commercials. My husband seems to think its hilarious.

Starmix

Reaction score
Tokenz
2,628.59z
So what makes you like love stories? Each and every person may have their own preferences. I also love science fiction movies as well. This also involves watching movies related to aliens and some other stuff. Such movies are also entertaining as well. The fact remains that i also love to watch documentaries as well.
I just want to relax and feel happy about the characters acting their best.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back