Gym Vs Home

Users who are viewing this thread

Wolt

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Both. I don't currently have a gym membership currently, but I am thinking about getting one. I have few weights at home, but I can't really train at home, it doesn't feel right. Training at gym feels like you are making progress and it just feels right.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

jonathan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I used to go to the gym a few years back but I have noticed that I would spend almost 50% of the time I was there talking with others. Now I only workout at home with my bodyweight and I think this is much better. I can workout for 20-30 minutes and feel great and I'm more focused on what I'm doing and not talking long breaks to talk like I did before. Also, back then I only had time to go to the gym 3 times weekly while now I can workout everyday if I want to. I've reduced the time of the actual workout and eliminated the time I needed to get from my house to the gym.

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I do home.
I have a make shift weight set, consisting of brinks pipes cinder blocks and wooden bench.
It cost me zero dollars and its out side in the sun so I get a tan when I'm lifting.
I do have a wood training dummy that spins with fake limbs and a punching bag for my martial arts.

Igor Sobral

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
I only workout at home. I don't feel comfortable working out in a gym with people looking at me and surrounded by people, it's really not for me.
I'd rather just be at home with my music and doing my exercises alone with no one watching me or no one to talk to/interrupt me.

Chrisuren

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I prefer going to the gym, it focuses my mind and makes me excersize for longer. If I'm at home I'll do an hour then think "That's me done" whereas if I'm at the gym, I can do a lot more.

They have better equipment too.

MyPaperBleeds

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I work out at home or by attending an on campus organization I'm a part of (swing dancing). It's free and I wont feel as bad if I don't go since I'm not paying for it. At home I can workout to Jillian Michael's fitness videos or by playing the Just Dance games in the comfort of my own room, not worrying if other people are watching me. Plus it's a lot nicer in winter instead of having to walk in the cold.

TheViper

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.53z
There was once a time I signed up to a gym and worked out for two hours. Now, I just exercise at home and I find that it is easier and comfortable. Whenever, I went to gym it was always so uncomfortable. You had people looking at you constantly and the gym would always have this funky smell. I think that most people went to the gym already funky and left smelling like chemical warfare.

amy005

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Being a stay at home mom I don't really have the time or money or ability to go to a gym. I wish I did since I would probably be more successful. However, I do work out at home using X-box Kinect. Some may not agree with me that this is actually a good exercise tool for me to do while still being at home with my son. I use the game "The Biggest Loser" to work out. It is fun and actually works. It's kind of like having my own gym and trainer at home but I don't always take the time to do the work outs.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back