Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

JanieDough

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
The people who are SO shocked by these must live in a bubble. The kinkiest thing is a butt plug - that or the balls....what do y'all think?

It was written in response to Twilight which I think is hilarious! I mean they parallel in SO many ways.

the Man - controlling, obsessed with safety of other person, way more worldly than protaganist, damaged in some way
the girl - doesn't realize she's drop dead goregous apparently, won't leave said man despite horrible danger to her safety, is willing to enter a new world because she loves him

they even have the dad weird relationship - the dad likes to fish and watch baseball

The Man has a sister they all love....and a brother that teases about sex

There's even the non white love conflict!

...the mom is not overly present....

the catalyst is a danger to her life

goes on and on.

I heard that the characters' names were the same as Twilight and she had to change it when they actually chose to publish her.

LOVE the fact that twilight has almost zero sex and these are chalk full. I mean damn they have sex like four times a day, and the first book takes place in what three weeks? four?

The whole series takes only five months or so - if that. and the sex does get tiring.

I like them. It doesn't take great literature to grab you. In fact I know a lot of great literature that bores me to death - I think books are like art - if it does it for you or affects you, then it's good.

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
The people who are SO shocked by these must live in a bubble. The kinkiest thing is a butt plug - that or the balls....what do y'all think?

Phew. I didn't want to mention this because I wasn't sure if I was being overly critical :p but yeah, I found the sex to be pretty regular, especially considering all the hype about it being so shocking.

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
LOL ohmygod :24: :24: I couldn't listen to the audio because I'm at work but I read the text anyway.... I'd forgotten about the part where he removes her tampon. Sexy! :24:

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I was dying!! LOL And in the cookie monster voice...he couldn't even hold it at that part, the guy started laughing :24:

pinkporridge

V.I.Pinkporridge
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
i am just about to start the 3rd book. I am enjoying them.. yes they are erotic but tbh i have occasionall skipped a a sex scene that seemed to be there to pad out the book. cos i am genuinely interested in the relationship. I do feel that they have built the characters up well and by the end of the second book i am deffinately in love with christian lol! oooft super rich super sexy!

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I don't know if this contains spoilers so...keep that in mind, but this made me horrified/crack up/and puke all at once :24:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zD8X2q0LQE

ROFL!!! I am crying with laughter.

It's so bad.

I don't really have any desire to read the book - erotica doesn't really appeal to me (though if it appeals to you, I'd suggest reading Fanny Hill: Memoirs of a woman of pleasure. It's 18th century eriotica and HILARIOUS). I read this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/apr/29/fifty-shades-grey-digested-read and I think it tells me all I need to know about 50 Shades of Grey

satinbutterfly

Miss Piggy
Reaction score
Tokenz
169.23z

It was written in response to Twilight which I think is hilarious! I mean they parallel in SO many ways.

the Man - controlling, obsessed with safety of other person, way more worldly than protaganist, damaged in some way
the girl - doesn't realize she's drop dead goregous apparently, won't leave said man despite horrible danger to her safety, is willing to enter a new world because she loves him

they even have the dad weird relationship - the dad likes to fish and watch baseball

The Man has a sister they all love....and a brother that teases about sex

There's even the non white love conflict!

...the mom is not overly present....

the catalyst is a danger to her life

goes on and on.

I heard that the characters' names were the same as Twilight and she had to change it when they actually chose to publish her.

LOVE the fact that twilight has almost zero sex and these are chalk full. I mean damn they have sex like four times a day, and the first book takes place in what three weeks? four?

The whole series takes only five months or so - if that. and the sex does get tiring.

I like them. It doesn't take great literature to grab you. In fact I know a lot of great literature that bores me to death - I think books are like art - if it does it for you or affects you, then it's good.

You and I just operate on the same wavelength I think. Nothing shocking at all really. Hell it's not even that kinky to me. But I still like them. :)

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I don't enjoy reading poorly written stuff because I'm so writing oriented it makes my brain hurt lol.

Minderella

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
we are reading the trilogy for our little book club, i just started and am like a chapter or two in and i can tell the writing is a little generic and off--but it has the potential to be a good fluff story.

plus, i doubt much in the way of the sex with bother me or shock me. i used to read a lot of erotica.

im just hoping for a nice easy, simple, non-thinking read.

KLD1019

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
ive read them 3 times already! LoL i love how they get better with each book (drama wise)

Just patiently waiting for the MOVIE!! although, i dont want to get my hopes up because i have no idea how they'll bring the book to an appropriate movie for theaters! and as long as they have someone hot enough to play Christian, its all good! Ian Somerhalder is considering the part (SWOON) and i wouldnt mind Chris Hemsworth either! *drool*

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back