Fifty Shades

Users who are viewing this thread

satinbutterfly

Miss Piggy
Reaction score
Tokenz
169.23z
Alright ladies... and maybe even gentlemen. Who's read the Fifty Shades series?

I must admit... I'm not the erotic romance novel kind of girl... but I find myself enjoying them anyway even if they are fluff. There's multiple women at my work that are reading or have read them, so I decided to give them a go.

Laters, baby. ;)

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
I've read the first one :)

It's not exactly amazing writing, and I admit I skipped a few chapters of fluffy talk about goddesses and indecision, to get to the part where something actually happened. But it wasn't a horrible story either, definitely a nice bit of light reading. The sex is interesting.

satinbutterfly

Miss Piggy
Reaction score
Tokenz
169.23z
Yes... the writing does leave something to be desired. Some of the 'inner-goddess' comments make me giggle though.

The sex is definitely interesting... but I'm in the third book and it's starting to get a little old. Especially when the sex scenes are every couple of pages.

acctnt shan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I haven't read them yet, but I saw a news feature on them the other night... I have to admit that I'd be pretty embarrassed to ever be caught reading them at work or on the train, though...

acctnt shan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
LOL I have a dirty mind but a conservative shyness sometimes... People who don't know me that well probably think I'm a prude IRL.

Minderella

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
We are going to read them next in our little book club.

I've heard good things about them, and horrible things about them.

davii

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Am I right in understanding that these books have a connection to the Twilight stuff? Not in plot, but sure I read something somewhere along those lines.

From what I'm told, the writing isn't much better though...

Sneakiecat

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Am I right in understanding that these books have a connection to the Twilight stuff? Not in plot, but sure I read something somewhere along those lines.

From what I'm told, the writing isn't much better though...

From what I understand, they started as Twilight fanfics and then with a few changes, ended up as their own stories. Just knowing that kills any possibility of me reading them (even if I had an interest in the first place).

davii

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
From what I understand, they started as Twilight fanfics and then with a few changes, ended up as their own stories. Just knowing that kills any possibility of me reading them (even if I had an interest in the first place).

Still, as poor a selling point that is, it does appear to be fashionable to be reading it atm.

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back