Fifty Shades

Users who are viewing this thread

JanieDough

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
You and I just operate on the same wavelength :)

This is not news my friend ;)

ive read them 3 times already! LoL i love how they get better with each book (drama wise)

Just patiently waiting for the MOVIE!! although, i dont want to get my hopes up because i have no idea how they'll bring the book to an appropriate movie for theaters! and as long as they have someone hot enough to play Christian, its all good! Ian Somerhalder is considering the part (SWOON) and i wouldnt mind Chris Hemsworth either! *drool*

ditto.

If you guys say it isn't good literature then put it the hell down. If you find you can't then good or not it got you didn't?!

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

satinbutterfly

Miss Piggy
Reaction score
Tokenz
169.23z
ive read them 3 times already! LoL i love how they get better with each book (drama wise)

Just patiently waiting for the MOVIE!! although, i dont want to get my hopes up because i have no idea how they'll bring the book to an appropriate movie for theaters! and as long as they have someone hot enough to play Christian, its all good! Ian Somerhalder is considering the part (SWOON) and i wouldnt mind Chris Hemsworth either! *drool*

Ooo... Ian Somerhalder would be great. :D

Leah Love

Reaction score
Tokenz
253.00z
So, I read all 3 books. If for nothing else, then to be legitimately allowed to dislike it. LoL

First book is enjoyable enough, but as the trilogy goes on it is less and less the case for me. By book 3 I was skipping sex scenes and tortured inner monologues and reading only the dialog. The sex, i found, was lukewarm and boring -- there was waaaay too much of it and too repetitive -- it is obvious it was just a filler to get enough material for 3 books. And just because the word "BDSM" is used a lot, the sex still stays vanilla.

If I am honest, I liked the first book - it was an easily digestible and enjoyable read, after that however, if was a lackluster.

Also, these type of stories are a dime a dozen on Fanfcition.net. Whatever your preferred fandome is (Superman? LotR? Harry Potter? Twilight? Avengers? Books, movies, comics, manga, TV shows -- you name it, FF.net has it) you can find hundreds upon hundreds of stories like this. I've read them, I wrote some (granted, I was 16 at a time and I didn't know better), so I don't quite understand the hype about this one stoty. lol

JanieDough

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Also, these type of stories are a dime a dozen on Fanfcition.net. Whatever your preferred fandome is (Superman? LotR? Harry Potter? Twilight? Avengers? Books, movies, comics, manga, TV shows -- you name it, FF.net has it) you can find hundreds upon hundreds of stories like this. I've read them, I wrote some (granted, I was 16 at a time and I didn't know better), so I don't quite understand the hype about this one stoty. lol

I guess the rest of us aren't used to slumming it - so this is some good trash for us.

Leah Love

Reaction score
Tokenz
253.00z
Oh sorry, I thought you said you had read and wrote some...

I meant fanfiction in general (and yes, I realize now that how I wrote it sounded different then what I meant - in my head it sounded perfectly right :24:)
50 Shades is a fanfiction - and there are tons like it, granted some worse and some better.

So, yeah - I have read and written fanfiction, not smut tho :p

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
they only think different between those books and what I read is mine comes with color pictures and less words

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back