Favourite Artists

Users who are viewing this thread

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Ok I know next to nothing about art and artists but I really like Vincent Van Gogh, Hans Holbein (the Younger) and Salvador Dalí.

And it can be any artists: Painters, photographers etc. It'll be interesting to see how people answer this.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,009.28z
By what definition of art? I know nothing about painters but if you consider photographers artists, Robert Vavra is my favourite. I have three of his photo books.

Tuffdisc

Reaction score
Tokenz
15.13z
Ansel Adams, Lord (Brian) V [you will find out if you google Lord V], plus some concert photographers that I know (though can't name for reasons only known to me)

Guyzerr

Banned
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Robert Bateman is mine without a doubt. I have a signed copy of his bison entitled " Chief - American Bison " hanging on the wall. It's 20 x 27" and has increased considerably in value since I bought it. I wouldn't sell it unless I was forced.

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The only painter whose pictures I like is Van Gogh.

Favorite photographer is skyblue. ;)

Edit: oh, and yes, Banksy is cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

skyblue

KEEP THE FAITH
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.34z
Just wait until you see other photographers, I think sky would be last on the list :24:

i do well with limited equipment,you cant compare macro work with other macro work anyway......and you cant include lordv because i'm sure he has super powers

lordv id's alot for me by the way,especially less common insects and flies

my favourite artist is 'constable' with the 'haywain' being my favourite picture

Tuffdisc

Reaction score
Tokenz
15.13z
i do well with limited equipment,you cant compare macro work with other macro work anyway......and you cant include lordv because i'm sure he has super powers

lordv id's alot for me by the way,especially less common insects and flies

my favourite artist is 'constable' with the 'haywain' being my favourite picture

Never said you were bad or terrible, he just uses better equipment, plus I have seen his rig, something I haven't tried....yet

skyblue

KEEP THE FAITH
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.34z
Never said you were bad or terrible, he just uses better equipment, plus I have seen his rig, something I haven't tried....yet

he could do well with my kit,some people have a unique skill and he has it...he's the dr doolittle of insects because alsorts land on his hands,bees,dragonflies etc

Obdurate

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm a big fan of graffiti in general, but I don't know many artists who do it, for probably obvious reasons. Banksy is a well known one, and he does good stuff.

And Dali was mentioned a few times as well, he was also good.

Besides those two, some painters I like:
Zdzisław Beksiński
Enrico Baj
Carlo Carrà

Photography:
Diane Arbus
Kansuke Yamamoto

Though I'm no expert on either of these art forms. I have seen a lot of graffiti though.

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I'm more of a fan of movements in art...I love the Dutch Renaissance, Italian Renaissance, whimsical English portraits of rich people lol.

Van Gogh, Giotto, Raphael, Manet...sighhhh I love art.

Simon and Garfunkel are great too.

Zorak

The cake is a metaphor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I'm not that much into Art, not much of a visual person.

But I'd say my favourite painter is that Norwegian guy whose name I will undoubtedly spell wrong; Eilif Peterson

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back