Do You Believe That God Exists?

Users who are viewing this thread

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
I'm confused with this statement. So you don't believe in a higher being at all, and you think that a man or a woman is the worthy ruler of all mankind if ever there was a God?

What other entity do you know of that is ruled by some other entity?

There are none. Why then would you think some alien has the right to rule over mankind by force alone?

We have never had anyone ruling over us but people. Why bother changing when secular law is well above religious law.

Regards
DL

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
This is true. At school, we are taught that God is some old guy with white hair and a beard who sits up in the sky on a cloud. Now, tell me, how can this possibly be true?

What do people here think God actually is?

As long as he I not angry.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
I am a Catholic, but don't practice. But I do believe that there is a higher being, the creator and our saviour. I don't subscribe to the school of thought that any one God is superior to the rest. I strongly believe we all worship the same God, except we give it a different name dependent on our religion. I believe in the power of prayer and faith, believing. So yes, I believe that there is a God :)

If you think you need a savior, what did you do that was so wrong that you would need saving from God's punishment?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
You sure know a lot about religion, I can't relate to most of what you said, lol! I'm a Catholic, but I don't believe in some of the things that the priest is teaching and preaching, so I doubt quite a lot of what the bible preaches, with the exception of the Revelation chapter. I also have my doubts if there is a God, but I'd like to think that there is. I just don't know if what He looks like is accurately depicted by the artists.

I do not agree.

Have a look at Michelangelo's creation and see that he has God exactly where God is. In man's right hemisphere of the brain.

That picture is obvious to all except the Vatican.

Regards
DL

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
Anyway (i.e. regardless of my previous responses) God exists because he must exist. Philosophy of Religion: An Analytical Approach 'proves' it with a re-printed essay that uses 'humans' capacity for seemingly-infinite guilt' (such an amount could NEVER be forgiven by any mortal power, so there MUST be a being who can forgive that much!)

Reminds me of the end of MARVEL's The Avengers: When Agent Hill asks Commander Fury how he knows The Avengers (Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America) will return when the Earth is again threatened, he replies, "Because we'll need them to."

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I believe in God and Heaven...and I also believe there are angels around us. There is no way everything we have, all the beauty in the world, was made because of some cosmic accident. Also, the retelling of some of the near death experiences are very similar. That's too much coincidence for me. However, my belief is my belief and I won't try to make anyone else believe them nor will I allow anyone to tear down my beliefs.

riberet19

Reaction score
Tokenz
326.83z
I am also a Christian, and I also think about the existence of God and Christ, also in his teachings, I have also read some apocryphal books like the book of Enoch, very good by the way.

Greatearner

Reaction score
Tokenz
265.82z
I am also a Christian, and I also think about the existence of God and Christ, also in his teachings, I have also read some apocryphal books like the book of Enoch, very good by the way.

I am a Muslim and I believe that God exists. I believe that our beloved Holy Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is God's final messenger sent to mankind.

RUBESH

Reaction score
Tokenz
415.23z
For millennia, people have questioned the existence of God, with a vast range of ideas and viewpoints on the subject. Some individuals believe in God because of religious scriptures and teachings, personal experiences, or intellectual reasoning. Others may be suspicious about the concept of God or simply reject it.

Finally, the existence of God is a question of faith and personal conviction, with no definite proof either way.

riberet19

Reaction score
Tokenz
326.83z
I am a Muslim and I believe that God exists. I believe that our beloved Holy Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is God's final messenger sent to mankind.
I am glad my friend, I have many Muslim friends and I respect your vision, I think Muhammad was a great prophet too, did you already pass ramadan?

Greatearner

Reaction score
Tokenz
265.82z
I am glad my friend, I have many Muslim friends and I respect your vision, I think Muhammad was a great prophet too, did you already pass ramadan?

Yes, Ramadan is over. Today is the second day of Eid ul Fitr. Muslims celebrate Eid ul Fitr when the Ramadan gets over. This also involves distributing sweets, gifts, etc on this blessed day. Ramadan is a month when Muslims fast and pray. It is a really blessed month. Even many Non-Muslims also celebrate Eid ul Fitr with us and we are very happy to see that. :)

MrKay

Reaction score
Tokenz
386.36z
Some people believe in God based on their religious upbringing, personal experiences, or philosophical reasoning. Others may not believe in God due to a lack of evidence, scientific explanations, or personal convictions. Ultimately, the decision to believe in God or not is up to each individual and should be respected.
But as for me, I deeply believe that there is God. Because he do answers my prayers. And I have been saved couples of time when I was in danger without able to explain how I got saved. And only God almighty can do that.

riberet19

Reaction score
Tokenz
326.83z
Yes, Ramadan is over. Today is the second day of Eid ul Fitr. Muslims celebrate Eid ul Fitr when the Ramadan gets over. This also involves distributing sweets, gifts, etc on this blessed day. Ramadan is a month when Muslims fast and pray. It is a really blessed month. Even many Non-Muslims also celebrate Eid ul Fitr with us and we are very happy to see that. :)
Yes, every year I find out when it is Ramadan because as I said I have many Muslim friends and they take it literally, I really find fascinating the devotion with which Muslims follow this tradition, there is nothing like it in Christianity.

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back