Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

NobodysSon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Attraction at first sight is obviously a thing - anyone can agree on that! Love though is too deep and complex an emotion to burst into existence at a single glimpse of someone no matter what Hollywood may tell us. While I have seen people that made my heart flutter I know, after the moment passes, that it wasn't love.

eagle22

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't believe in love at first site, that's why I walk by them again a second time ;) haha. All kidding aside, no I don't believe in love at first site. I believe in attraction at first site that can eventually lead to love.

jwalk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
I don't believe in love at first sight. You can't fall in love with someone just by looking at them once. You can be attracted to them, yes, but love comes after you've gotten to know them as a person.

starfox64

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yeah, I'm not sure that I believe in it. I believe in "puppy dog" love at first site, but not actual love. You can't accurately gauge someone based just on their looks. But hey, some people have fallen in love at first sight, so maybe I'm looking at people wrongly. :oops:

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
Love is intrinsic energy of the Soul which warms up the Body.

I know love can be defined in many ways but how could you feel honest love for someone without knowing them? To have that feeling it would need to be more than just a look, wouldn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
I know love can be defined in many ways but how could you feel honest love for someone without knowing them? To have that feeling it would need to be more than just a look, wouldn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is nothing like 'honest love'. Love is just love. You love a good person as well as a bad one. Love is beyond you. You just Love and if your Love is true you turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to your beloved's silliness. On the contrary if you put a condition of 'honest love' on your 'beloved' then your own Love is not True. Remember the old adage? Love her Love her Dog.

So, to love avoid laying 'conditions' on the one you love.
If your Love is True the person you love will most probably not betray you!!
Get going.....fall in Love, sing and dance in abandon!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pierre Eustache

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.12z
Such thing exist? I bet no! It happens that someone who is attracted by someone at first sight fall in love then; but falling in love at first sigh is impossible. For real, you have a feeling at first sight; but trust me it is not love; love is deeper than that!

J3NN4

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
To me, you can't be in love with someone you've just met because you don't know who they are as a person. Hence, I believe in lust at first sight.
I agree. I think people take this saying too literally, really.

To me, it doesn't mean love at first sight literally, but just that you can meet someone and enjoy their company and know that you want to spend more time with them.

Love isn't something you just feel immediately. I do believe in lust at first sight, or having a crush, based on someone's looks or the impression you got of them the first time you met. Love is much more complicated than that, though.

whnuien

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.21z
I believe in physical attraction at first sight but not love. It takes a lot to ever call it love at first sight. This is where a lot of people fail in their relationship because they believe love is as easy as looking at each other for the first time.

Shreyas

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Well if you hear my story its a messed up one.

Well..My love at first sight was in the 7th grade. I saw this girl named Sania and i was obsessed with her.I had a crush on her for like 8 years from now. After high school i started talking with her. I mean we were already good friends but i wanted our friendship to get more closer so i asked her out and she said she wanted some time.One time she got to know that im spilling away our personal secrets to others so we had a very bad fight and now she doesnt even talk to me :( :'( i atleast want her to be my friend :(. And she doesnt even regret. I know i have done bad things but memories are left unsettled .

Mark Anderson

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Do you believe in love at first sight? Have you ever experienced it?
Yes, Yes and Yes.

The very first day that I met my wife, I knew that I would marry her - and she knew that she would marry me. We met at church, and to be honest neither of us 'fancied' the other, but about 2 months later I proposed and she said yes. In the mean time, I had deliberately avoided looking at her, as I did not want our relationship based on what she looked like or any form of 'lust' or fancying her.

Years before, I had also been the victim of 'lust at first sight' and believe that I know the difference.

Mark Anderson

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
To me, you can't be in love with someone you've just met because you don't know who they are as a person. Hence, I believe in lust at first sight.
Love is a decision, where lust is more a 'compulsion'. Hence I can decide to love somebody that I don't know.

I have felt 'lust at first sight' as well as true 'love at first sight'. The first day my wife and I met, we both knew that we would marry the other, although we barely interracted that day. A mere two months later I proposed and she accepted, despite still not knowing much about each other. All credit to God's Holy Spirit for bringing us together and virtually telling us to love each other. I doubt that there could have been a better choice for me.

wrwarren112233

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
Do you believe in love at first sight? Have you ever experienced it?

Well!!! What a question!
I don't think so. It would be lust which I think is stronger because it makes people to mental things. Fans of boy groups for example. They have been known to do mental things.
Whereas love is a caring emotion. Or meant to be.

Unless you spoke to them on the phone for a while and built a relationship before 'meeting' them.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back