Do babies feel pain during late term abortion??

Users who are viewing this thread

CareBear3030

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I have such a problem with abortion, and late term abortion is absolutely horrid to me! The thought of abortion alone makes me ill, but to think a woman could kill a baby even after they start to feel it move, is just unimaginable!!!

If you really knew what is involved in late term abortion, you would be as sick as I am. Do a little research on the procedures involved in late term abortion and I promise you will be an opponent of late term, if not all abortions. I found this article talking about the pain a fetus feels when being killed. There has always been controversy about this subject. Well now they are trying to make it mandatory for a woman getting an abortion 20 weeks or more to become educated about the pain her child will feel. They can also offer some type of pain medication. Some of the answers and reasoning the opponents of this new law are insane!

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/health/4886985/detail.html

But the report, appearing in Wednesday's Journal of the American Medical Association, says that offering fetal pain relief during abortions in the fifth or sixth months of pregnancy is misguided and might result in unacceptable health risks to women.

Ummm, hello…you are KILLING a child…being sick from anesthesia for a little while is the least you can do. Which maybe I’m generalizing here…but I would assume most of these woman are on some sort of drugs anyway.

While brain structures involved in feeling pain begin forming much earlier, research indicates they likely do not function until the pregnancy's final stages, said the report's senior author, UCSF obstetric anesthesiologist Dr. Mark Rosen.

Just like since their heart is formed doesn’t mean it is beating? Are these people insane? If their brain has the capability to feel pain it is more likely than not going to be functional. How about I give you a drug to halfway kill you then cut you apart!!! I bet you’ll be feeling some pain!!!

The measure pending in Congress would affect about 18,000 U.S. abortions a year performed in the fifth month of pregnancy or later, said Douglas Johnson, legislative director of the National Right to Life Committee. He said the review is slanted.

This is just stunning!!! There are over 18,000 late term abortions a year???? What in the hell is wrong with our society that this is so acceptable??? Don’t get me wrong, I would never condemn a woman for making a mistake for having one…two, three, four…yea that’s wrong. But how did our society become one that it is “ok” to do so???

Rosen also said that administering anesthesia or painkillers to the fetus could pose health risks to the mother. Rosen said those risks are medically acceptable when the goal is to save the fetus but there's not enough evidence to show any benefit from fetus-directed anesthesia during an abortion.

Again, the darned woman is probably on drugs anyway. The risks are what…nausea?? If you are going to kill that poor baby…give it something to not feel the pain. That is the benefit. Do these doctors enjoy killing precious life so ferociously?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

lemon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
when the brain develops a certain function...

it is fucking working when the capablity first arrives... so them saying it doesnt function until later is bullshit... unless the spinal cord and relative nerves arent finished developing or something like that

for instance... the brain can remember something, but it builds a pathway for that memory to be remembered... like i remember my sign-in name is "lemon" my brain has to build the cells into a certain order for me to remember that, but also has to build the cells into a certain order for me to recognize the site, remember the sites name, recognize what a computer looks like, etc...

so, id say yes, that they do feel the pain, but dont have the capability to express it... :dunno

Dodge_Sniper

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It's on the news now. If you get an abortion within a month or 3 of the pregnancy, they don't feel it. Later, they do. I say it's the moms choice. If you guys were all girls, would you REALLY want a 5 pound sack of meat falling out of your cooter? :lol

PhillyBlunt474

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I dont htink late term abortion is right, but i also belive that women should have the right to have an earily term abortion...

I do have a problem if people star tusing it as birth contronl (which it isnt)

I think it hsould be a last resource action if it has to be done

For instance, a woman gets raped, and she become pregnant, then they should have the right to get an abortion, they did not give consent to have sex, so why should they get stuck having to have a child that wasnt planned for, nor wanted

And to get this argument out of the way for people who are against, please dont tell me "you might of just killed the person (who isnt a person in the very earily stages of pregnancy) who had teh cure for cancer" becasue i will coem right back with "or maybe you just killed the next hitler, or mass murderer"

Blackwater_GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I read somewhere. Maybe it was a link from this site even, that some female had gotten an abortion from some person that used some kind of a hook or something to reach up into the cervix and pull out the baby. Well, the baby didn't die and stayed alive for a few hours suffering while they went to the hospital to get her to stop hemorraging.

It's Murder to me. The only thing that is accetable to me is birth control pills or the patch. Even the morning after pill I'm okay with. After the Baby is concieved though It should be carried to full term. Give it up for adoption if you dont want it. Then learn and remember your lesson about life and be responsible for everything you do.
I think for womans own self esteem, it's better to have made a mistake but be couraegous enough go through the pain of child birth even if you dont want the child. At least in my mind you might be able to live with your self and when God ultimately judges you for your life and acts You can say yes Lord I made mistakes but I loved life enough to realize that I should give the life that wa created a chance to live and be fruitfull on Earth.

MrAWatts

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Here are my views on abortion. I believe it should be illegal under most circumstances. I used to say completely illegal, but then I looked at it from a different perspective. What if a young person has alot going on for them in life. Great student, going to college, good friends and family..and she is raped? Should her life be ruined when it wasn't her own fault? Late term should still be illegal, but I think they should have a policy that dictates when it's legal, such as when raped.

Other than that stupid idiot teens, and everyone for that matter, that go off and get pregnant accidentally deserve it. They are stupid. I ownly feel sorry for their children they bring into the world. If your going to fuck around, use protection. Either that, or accept the consequences of your stupid choice.

brandonlee

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I ABSOLOUTY HATE ABORTION I FEEL LIKE IT IS KILLING SOMEONE IT IS KILLING SOMEONE EVEN IF IT IS AN INFANT IT'S STILL TAKING A LIFE AND IF THE PERSON CAN''T GET WHAT IS NEEDED FOR THE BABY THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SEX BUT IF THE PERSON WAS RAPED THEN THEY SHOULD GET AN ABORTION .FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET ABORTIONS BECAUSE THEY DIDNT USE PROTECTIONAND DIDNT WANT A BABY THEN IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL FOR THEM

TheOriginalJames

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
My position on this is simple; I simply have no position on this.

I just have one opinion:

It's the womans choice to have an abortion, but it isn't always the womans choice to have gotten pregnant. She has to do what she feels is right for her.

MrAWatts

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
But if a slutass never gonna go anywhere in life skank whore accidentally gets pregnant, and just gets an abortion...what has she learned from it?

Don't let skanks keep thier accidental children, put them up for adoption.

Legalize all drugs so the idiots will go and kill themselves pretty quick and make the world a little bit better.

Let raped chicks have an abortion in the early stages, because she doesn't deserve it.

California goverment is stupid, they think they can take peoples cars and crush them for having some mods.

Dr Phil sucks.

Hillary Clinton should never be president, she is the biggest censor. Her most recent attack is changing vid games/r movies to 18, instead of 17 (which I would disagree with even if I were 50).

...My random thoughts of the moment.

CareBear3030

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Re: RE: Do babies feel pain during late term abortion??

2000Si said:

I just have one opinion:

It's the womans choice to have an abortion, but it isn't always the womans choice to have gotten pregnant. She has to do what she feels is right for her.

What about the man who does not want the abortion, but the woman gets the choice?

What about that baby...does he/she get the choice???

TheOriginalJames

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

CareBear3030 said:
2000Si said:

I just have one opinion:

What about the man who does not want the abortion, but the woman gets the choice?

What about that baby...does he/she get the choice???

Last I checked, a 4 year old doesn't have the brain capacity to make a choice such as that, much less a newborn or late 3rd trimester infant.

Women always complain about how the men have the fun and then the woman has to do the work for the 9 months and then there's the birth. Nothing men have hold a candle to that sort of pain and suffering. Why should it be the mans choice? My statements were geared mostly for women who were unwantedly raped and impregnated by the assailant. Do you think the guy is going to care? He just wanted to get his nuts off, and in reality he should have his nuts chopped off for doing that to a poor defenseless woman just because he's too fucking stupid to go find & serenade a consenting female.

Back to the baby having a choice. I personally would not rather be an orphan that gets adopted. I mean you grow up thinking your parents are yours, then it turns out they're not, now here you are wondering why your mother gave you up. Were you not good enough? How come she didn't want you? Now you grow up with that extra insecurity brewing in your mind.

Now, before you go ripping into me. My aunt and uncle adopted a girl, Abigail. She's led a pretty good life, and she knows she was adopted. I'm not saying that EVERY adopted child has those kinds of questions or insecurities, but quite a bit more than you and I both realize DO have them.

Blackwater_GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
This is only my opinion but a life created by chance or choice, or by rape is still life. I still think an unborn needs a chance to live. I'm not a women so really my opinion is only about saving a life. I am pro choice but I feel late term abortions are murder. Now if a girl is raped and goes to the hospital and has an abortion then I feel it justified.

Tim

Having way too much fun
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
111.11z
Ok, what if a law was passed tomorrow making abotion illegal? What would we do with all the unwanted children? Who will be willing to spend the billions on the healthcare of the crack babies, the severley mentally retarted children? Where will these babies go? Who will support them and take care of them?

Before you say "adoption" you must first know the facts of adoption...
There are on average 120,000 adoptions per year in the US. Over half of these are by relatives.
There are 1,370,000 abortions a year in the US
There are over 150,000 children in the US alone that are waiting to be adopted.

Do the math, if every person waiting to adopt a child saved a child slated for abortion, there would still be over 1,250,000 unwanted children brought into the US each year.

This isn't an arguement to keep abortion legal, but something to consider. Because I'm sure that 99% of these Pro-life bastards won't lift a finger to help these children once they were able to get abortions banned in the US.

slo6banger

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

2000Si said:

I just have one opinion:

I completely agree.

I fully support the right for a woman to have an abortion, although it is sad to hear that they wait til the last minute, they should still be allowed to choose the fate of their own body.

MrAWatts

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

slo6banger said:
2000Si said:

I just have one opinion:

I completely agree.

I fully support the right for a woman to have an abortion, although it is sad to hear that they wait til the last minute, they should still be allowed to choose the fate of their own body.

But when they choose to be fuck without protection, they are completely aware that they could get pregnant. They should be able to decide what happens to their body. If they don't want to be pregnant, then don't do shit they know will get them pregnant. If they choose to do it ayways, then I odn't feel sorry for them because they knew what could happen when they did it.

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back