Classic Gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Siphorous

Anticipation
Reaction score
Tokenz
199.13z
If you like your RPGs, then get Skies of Arcadia: Legends for the gamecube. It's awesome. Totally.

Original on dreamcast was good but the Legends version just added that bit more everywhere.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
If you like your RPGs, then get Skies of Arcadia: Legends for the gamecube. It's awesome. Totally.

Original on dreamcast was good but the Legends version just added that bit more everywhere.

It's crazy to me that the Gamecube is considered "classic" gaming now. Damn I'm getting old.

36gamer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It's kind of classic. I wouldn't really consider the gamecube classic, but I would consider some of it's games classic.

Siphorous

Anticipation
Reaction score
Tokenz
199.13z
Yeah Nic, kinda as 36 said for me. Although not a 'classic' perhaps by age (yet) and looked on as fondly as perhaps some earlier consoles may have been - I felt it had a lot of potential and it was kind of a shame that it never got the take up of previous consoles.

Tomek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Recently I like to play classic games remakes for iPad... I've played Winzer and North&South. There are some more waiting to be tried... Bards's Tale, Prehistorik, Mortal Combat...

usandthem

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I love classic games. Mario 1,2 &3, Sonic 1,2,3/Sonic& Knuckles, Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast (huge Sonic fan here) Zelda Orcarina of Time, Super Mario Bros for SN, FF3/FF6 (us/japan), Chrono Trigger!!!, Mario Party for N64, Mario Kart

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
Would I be dating myself if I said Pong.. :24:
Hey I played that when I was a child. I don't think I got an NES til the late 80s. My grandfather used to have a Commodore? The one that looked like a computer keyboard.

Francis

Sarcasm is me :)
Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
Hey I played that when I was a child. I don't think I got an NES til the late 80s. My grandfather used to have a Commodore? The one that looked like a computer keyboard.

Yup.. It was a great game when it first came out..

I also had the first Commodore 64 and then went straight to a AST 386SX .

teh_fuzz

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tokenz
124.51z
Sega Genesis
Sega Dreamcast
Atari 2600
NES
SNES
N64
Game Cube
Wii
XBOX
XBOX360
turbographix 16
and ive owned all the platystations (even 2 separate ps3's lol)
All are currently packed away somewhere in teh garage, closets or the storage unit lol

I was never baller enough to own a NeoGeo but believe me it has crossed my mind to get one as of recently...

yes i am a bit of a gaming nerd, I just dont really have the room nor time to spend on it as much as i would like anymore, plus i am playing SWTOR right now so yeah, what little time i have to game i spend it in that game.

some of my favorites:

Final Fantasy (the US versions I played 1,2,3 VII, VIII)
Bionic Commando
Double dragon for the NES (I,II, III)
all of the metal gears.. i mean all of them!!
Contra (all of them)
Zelda and its many iterations on the NES, SNES - not much of the wii and Game Cube versions
Super Mario 1,2,3 N64, and the SNES super mario world!

Nobunagas Ambition - OMG memories of epic 2 hour stand offs with my cousins in this game!

I need a room to set up all my gaming consoles and get new ones!

Ash1280

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
My favorites are Midtown Madness 1 & 2...mostly # 2.
I played it online when MSN Gaming Zone was up and running.
I was ACTER80,hosting Circuit Races.

I still play Scrabble as I did at the Zone as well.
I missed the gang.

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
I still have my amiga 500, haven't set it up yet but when i do i will play kick off 2 and xenon 2. I also remember lotus esprit being an excellent racing game for two players. Anyone else still got their amiga?

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
If playing ported version of old JRPG games to android counts, then I guess I am also doing classic/retro gaming recently. My first Final Fantasy game is FFVII, so I didn't have the opportunity to play the earlier FF games. Good thing Square Enix decided to port the old FF games to android platform, which gives gamers like me, who wasn't able to play the FF games prior to FFVII, the opportunity to play and experience old school JRPG.

mistymi

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I always go back to playing old games. I was just playing Diddy Kong Racing and other N64 ones. I had a sega genesis first but I'm not that interested in its games now. N64 just has so many gems.

Scottf13

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I wonder how long it will take for the Xbox 360 and PS3 to be considered classic gaming. Ha ha.

I love older games. I still fire up the earlier final fantasy games and a few others now and then. Some games people claimed were mediocre I actually liked, like YS III Wanderers from Ys.

akaNeon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm not really a classic fan but as I grew up with the Pokemon games I never get bored of the games. The mix of RPG and raising your own Pokemons to become the best, is very addictive.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back