Classic Gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

36gamer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I am really into classic gaming and am wondering how many of you are into it to. My favorite system is the SNES, which I own one of and have an emulator for. I also have a ps2 that I use to play classic ps1 rpgs, and any random ps2 games that catch my eye. The real reason I have it is because it was five dollars at a garage sale, but I love using it for ps1 games. I also have a Gamecube because it has some classic Nintendo stuff that I love. My favorite games of all time are probably (in no particular order):
chrono trigger - snes
chrono cross - ps1
Earthbound - snes
mother 3 - gameboy advance (got an emulator just to play this game)
Metroid prime - gamecube
Tales of Symphonia - gamecube (this is my number one favorite game)

I also love new gaming like Cod, halo, and other new stuff. But my gaming passion lies in the classics. I don't own any systems more recent than the gamecube or the ps2, but I have lots of friends that own newer systems that I play with all the time. So I am still really good and knowledgeable about newer games. Older ones are my favorite though.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Darrell

Banned per User's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm also a big classic gaming fan.

I love SNES RPG's as well, some of my favorites are your favorites as well. Earthbound was great, I remember that game came with a GIANT manual, and oddly enough, scratch-n-sniff stickers. :24:

I like Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, Zelda: A Link to the Past, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't do much classic gaming because I don't like emulators, and I can't be bothered to track down a working SNES.

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I download PS1 games from the Playstation store from time to time, they bring back some good memories. I used to own a mega drive until a while ago, but it got lost inbetween house moves sadly. I had a few games for that (Sonic, Italia 90, Streets Of Rage) but thanks to the Mega Drive collection on PS3, that gave me the chance to play them again.

36gamer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm also a big classic gaming fan.

I love SNES RPG's as well, some of my favorites are your favorites as well. Earthbound was great, I remember that game came with a GIANT manual, and oddly enough, scratch-n-sniff stickers. :24:

I like Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, Zelda: A Link to the Past, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't do much classic gaming because I don't like emulators, and I can't be bothered to track down a working SNES.
It took me a while to get used to emulators, but now I love em. I mainly use the system I have, but I also have an emulator for games I can't find/afford. Or just for random games to play when I'm on the go (it's on my laptop). I'd suggest spending more time getting used to emulators if you have the time, they can be quite handy. And a Super Nintendo actually isn't too hard to find for under fifty bucks.

Link to the past is one of my favorites as well. I haven't played any final fantasy yet, but they are the next games I plan on getting into.

pjbleek

Reaction score
Tokenz
795.15z
Would love loveeeeeeeeeeee to play classic Zelda again, but not for the prices I see...makes me sad that Nintendo doesn't want to do a re-release...

36gamer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Since I am sixteen and didn't start gaming until I was around thirteen, I didn't grow up with classic games. So I don't have any memories of them, rather I am creating memories. But that makes sense from your point of view; I probably won't replay any of the games I've played before as I move on either.

Kyle B

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Super Nintendo was my first gaming system. I got that sometime around 1997 or so. It was still popular because you could easily get SNES games from the local rental places. Then in 1999 (?) I got a PlayStation and played lots of Spyro and James Bond games lol. When 2001 rolled around my parents bought me a PS2 with Grand Theft Auto III.

Sneakiecat

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Our SNES died before I really got into games but I have very fond memories of the N64. We stilled played it up until five or so years ago. I'll have to see if my parents still have it when I visit next. Pretty sure my sister still has her Gamecube. I'd love to have a collection of old systems.

Minderella

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yeah, you seem to be quite a bit younger.

Also, I love original Mario Bros. on the NES. Don't play anymore, but it was aweseome.

OR!!! Pacman on the Atari!

36gamer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
You should check out Tales of symphonia for the gamecube and borrow your sisters gamecube. It is the best game of all time. @ sneakiecat

36gamer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Baby Mario on Snes is freaking boss. I love that game, it's definitely on one of my larger lists of favorite games.

acctnt shan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I *love* SNES! I still play Mario Allstars and Tetris and Donkey Kong and Paperboy on it sometimes, haha... I also bought a box of old SNES games for super cheap on eBay a while back. Umm and Goldeneye for N64 might just be one of my favorite games ever, lol.

I got a Wii for Christmas a couple years ago, and I played Mario on it for a while, but I just never got super into the system.

36gamer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I used to have a Wii, but I sold it. It had a couple games I really liked, but once those had been beaten I was just sitting their not using the system. An yeah the N64 is probably my second or third favorite system. Golden eye was really good, as was Gauntlet,Super Mario 64, OCARINA OF FREAKING TIME, and other great titles.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back