Can I interest you in a new forum software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I don't remember ever sending it. Didn't think I was that vain:p

Sad to say, nowadays you probably couldn't tell the difference between my butt and my face:24:

You know, after reading your signature (new I take it?), I can't help but wonder what the girl has to think when he follows up with "you ain't a beautie but hey you're all right"????? (I love that song even better live when he does it accompanied by the piano in a much slower tempo).

I just think he means that she's not perfect (not necessarily in looks), but they're perfect for each other.

Rumors are circulating about another album and tour soon. ;)

Sorry for the hijack Manny!

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I just think he means that she's not perfect (not necessarily in looks), but they're perfect for each other.

Yeah.

That said Mr. Bruce has been seen in NC as his daughter goes to school here. Just find it interesting with all his money now. Wonder if his lyrics still hold true to him.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z

Looks dont really matter...I mean we can close our eyes and have them be anyone we want....however we do have to listen to them all day :tooth..so personality is a must

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Yeah.

That said Mr. Bruce has been seen in NC as his daughter goes to school here. Just find it interesting with all his money now. Wonder if his lyrics still hold true to him.

I think so. He's always out and about in New Jersey with the 'normal' people and from what I hear is always very nice and never shuns any fans. He has said that at first it was hard for him to have money and that he didn't know what to do with it and at times it can still be a struggle for him. But he also acknowledges that he likes having it. He grew up not very well off at all, so he knows what it's like. He also donates a lot to charities.

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I think so. He's always out and about in New Jersey with the 'normal' people and from what I hear is always very nice and never shuns any fans. He has said that at first it was hard for him to have money and that he didn't know what to do with it and at times it can still be a struggle for him. But he also acknowledges that he likes having it. He grew up not very well off at all, so he knows what it's like. He also donates a lot to charities.

When I was younger, I could could relate to that greasy string bean from the 70's who was a rock and roll bum:D

Manny030

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

griz bear

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
It's different. It would work. we all would have to get used to it. which is not impossible. Would this format be better to support?

Would we have less down time ?

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I like vBulletin the best, but it's up to you Manny. I'll stick around no matter which one you pick.

Manny030

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It's different. It would work. we all would have to get used to it. which is not impossible. Would this format be better to support?

Would we have less down time ?

It has many benefits - works better on mobile / tablets, is more secure, they add new features, updates at not such a hassle.

It also can be configured to look like this board (design, tokens) - differences would be minimal.

Kakapo Dundee

Reaction score
Tokenz
644.22z
I'm not fussy about how the board is delivered, but I do like it's current feel and function. Realistically though, postcounts, reps and tokenz from the previous administration are meaningless and should be abandoned.Most of the people from that era have moved on.

Manny030

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm not fussy about how the board is delivered, but I do like it's current feel and function. Realistically though, postcounts, reps and tokenz from the previous administration are meaningless and should be abandoned.Most of the people from that era have moved on.

Yes, a reset might be a good idea. That's basically the only thing that the other software does not have - the reputation system of this board. But it has a "Like" system instead, you can see it here: http://www.offtopicz.net/xen/threads/you-can-post-in-this-thread.49518/ (inthe user detail box and under some posts).

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,356.54z
I am a creature of habit. I like my favorite chair and tend to hang on to software I am familiar with as long as possible. I also have learned in this age of technology that for every good thing out there someone will come along to screw it up (ie...hackers). If the other software is more secure, more stable, easier managed then those of us who wish to post here will adjust. I have worked with a lot of different message board softwares so I can learn to navigate there as well. Manny you do what you feel is best.

NuckingFuts

One of the originals
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
395.93z
I gotta say I prefer this format. But im not going anywhere regardless. I can adjust and adapt to anything.

But are we losing anything that we have here? Like post counts, and our join dates.

Manny030

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I gotta say I prefer this format. But im not going anywhere regardless. I can adjust and adapt to anything.

But are we losing anything that we have here? Like post counts, and our join dates.

I did a bit more research, these are the things that won't work anymore:

- Reputation (will be replaced by Like/Trophy system)
- User profile customizations (colors, fonts)
- User groups (http://www.offtopicz.net/group.php)

Everything else will stay the same + some new features

78,865Threads
2,185,204Messages
4,953Members
Back