Can I interest you in a new forum software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Manny030

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I did a lot of reading over the last few days on several webmaster forums and it seems that there is a newer / better forum software. You can see it in action at http://xenforo.com/community/

It has a couple of features that the current software does not have, but it's also lacking some (no karma/rep/tokens, it has a Facebook style like system).

Take a look and let me know what you think! If you prefer the current software then it's also fine with me.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

griz bear

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Back in the days , this forum was not on the site it is now, it seems like it took several months to get one selected and installed. so anything's possible. Thanks for looking afield and bringing new ideas.

NuckingFuts

One of the originals
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
395.93z
I think that whatever you decide to do is fine. But will us original members lose our post counts? Will everyone have to start all over, from post #1? Basically will all the existing posts be gone? I have some that I would not mind if they went away. But I would hate to lose everything.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I think that whatever you decide to do is fine. But will us original members lose our post counts? Will everyone have to start all over, from post #1? Basically will all the existing posts be gone? I have some that I would not mind if they went away. But I would hate to lose everything.

Posts message etc are not located in the software but in a tablebase so the posts and such would remain.
Gone would be rep, tokens, and the extras

Manny030

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
That's right, Tokenz and Rep would be gone. I'll have to check if there is a plugin to keep it. But as i said, it's only an idea.

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Or to post nudies, right?

:giggle

The closest thing I have to a nudie is when I was in Idaho and was only wearing my resin heads helmet over my privates standing behind my truck. You never saw that one did you? Gone are the days of those 6 pack abs:p

I do have more hair on my butt now than I do on my head, which I'm certain most people don't want to see:tooth

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
The closest thing I have to a nudie is when I was in Idaho and was only wearing my resin heads helmet over my privates standing behind my truck. You never saw that one did you? Gone are the days of those 6 pack abs:p

I do have more hair on my butt now than I do on my head, which I'm certain most people don't want to see:tooth

Yes, I did see that one. Don't you remember that you sent it to me? :D

But I do draw the line at a hairy butt. :yuk

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Yes, I did see that one. Don't you remember that you sent it to me? :D

But I do draw the line at a hairy butt. :yuk

I don't remember ever sending it. Didn't think I was that vain:p

Sad to say, nowadays you probably couldn't tell the difference between my butt and my face:24:

You know, after reading your signature (new I take it?), I can't help but wonder what the girl has to think when he follows up with "you ain't a beautie but hey you're all right"????? (I love that song even better live when he does it accompanied by the piano in a much slower tempo).

Last edited by a moderator:
78,865Threads
2,185,204Messages
4,953Members
Back