Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

The Joker

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Shouldn't this be in General Discussion > Latest news.

That is unless you intend on debating this topic....which I don't see how you would...

kelvin070

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.13z
Shouldn't this be in General Discussion > Latest news.

That is unless you intend on debating this topic....which I don't see how you would...
She will kill me if I put this thread under 'general'. There is a related thread here 'auto bailout'

BadBoy@TheWheel

DT3's Twinkie
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
As a matter of fact it was just stated a few minutes ago that senate was expected to work through the weekend hammering out some kind of middle of the road solution.

Personally.....I think they need to file bankruptcy, and that would entitle them to re-negotiate with the unions, and re-structure.

I think if the government gives them anything, they will piss it away

Alien Allen

Froggy the Prick
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,206.36z
with some of the crap I heard was put in the bill maybe they should file.

chapter 11 is ok but if they go down for good after that we have a mess

unions need to step up and move the concessions to take immediate effect and not in 2010 if they want to preserve the unions

kelvin070

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.13z
Taxpayers cannot be bailing out inefficient companies with unions holding employers at ransom. Need to restructure and keep it mean and lean

BadBoy@TheWheel

DT3's Twinkie
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Also cost control is an issue, if they could be more efficient, leaner and perhaps make new vehicles more affordable, people would probably be more apt to buy, but even if they don't sell as many units, they could survive if they saved a few nuts for winter....Rather than doing what most comapnies do....Spend

BadBoy@TheWheel

DT3's Twinkie
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Perhaps take a cue from the japanese

Well there's a reason why GM isn't the biggest dog on the porch....They simply are not as good as the competition....

Yes they should learn from someone:D

Of course all automakers are suffering right now....The japanese just know how to manage money....Mainly because it's our money they possess:p

78,866Threads
2,185,227Messages
4,953Members
Back