are you likeable

Users who are viewing this thread

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Small and tall are in fact equal...just as women should be...just as gays and straight should be...no one is better or worse than anyone else in a personal sense...one can have all the money in the world and still be the poorest in spirit...or have the most friends, many of whom might be riding on your coattails and using you for their own personal gain...and still be the loneliest person in the room

I DO appreciate the compliment mazHur (bows)

Thanks, friend. Nice thoughts but how will the water flow if all this earth was flat; there were no seasons; no variety of Nature (if not God,,as some people don't believe in the word),,,,I am quite confused.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

NY Tall Guy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Thanks, friend. Nice thoughts but how will the water flow if all this earth was flat; there were no seasons; no variety of Nature (if not God,,as some people don't believe in the word),,,,I am quite confused.

those are very deep philosophical thoughts there...I'm going to suggest that if all of the above were true, then those are things that are constant...things out of our control and are only within the context of nature or whomever God one chooses to believe in, if at all...what we as a people...we as a society CAN control, is our actions and how we treat each other while we exist on this earth

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
those are very deep philosophical thoughts there...I'm going to suggest that if all of the above were true, then those are things that are constant...things out of our control and are only within the context of nature or whomever God one chooses to believe in, if at all...what we as a people...we as a society CAN control, is our actions and how we treat each other while we exist on this earth

But the sages say there is nothing 'constant' in the universe..ie change is forever.
How can one adopt a ''constant'' attitude or outlook with the passage of time and space?
I am more confused!!

NY Tall Guy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
the one constant IS change...each day is presented to us...one each different than the next...which then opens up new possibilities each day and a whole new set of opportunities waits each of us...evolution in and of itself is always changing...always "evolving" if you will...and while the expectation of a sunrise and a sunset, trees growing, wind blowing, clouds forming is constant but changing each and every day ...life in and of itself is not expected nor is it promised...and it in this in this very context that we are, as a human race, for better or for worse, are given each day as a new opportunity to treat others as he/she would want to be treated...with the underlying premise that we are all equals as a race...and at the same time appreciate, at the same time, the differences unique to each of us ;)

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back