Anyone play golf?

Users who are viewing this thread

StangMang

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I played golf alot as a kid (around 10-14 years old)

I went to a golf camp and everything then i just stopped playing all together for like 6-7 years haha

My 21st birthday is this Sunday the 17th and my girlfriend is so awsome...she is buying me a $400 video camera and $400 worth of used golf clubs :D Her father (my boss) is personal good friends with a guy that owns a golf shop and i got an extremely good deal on some clubs...got a set of Ping irons and almost brand new Taylor Made set of woods!

I went golfing last week with a buddy of mine who golfs and i did pretty good...i got mid 90's witch i guess is pretty decent for 1st time in 6-7 years playing ever. I'm just getting really into playing now :D

Anyone else play? What clubs u use?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

AtlanticBlue99

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
i suck. i use a set of dunlop senior clubs. they are real old and suck. i shoot 100 on 18 lol. i have a top flight driver that is pretty descent but im no good at golf. my brother and dad play alot so ill play with them but agina- i suck

Mini Vin

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
i can hit the shit out of a ball, but putting it where it needs to be is a challenge for me. i have a set of hand-me-down clubs... a mixture of brands. i only ever played 18 holes twice, and i don't really remember much after the 9 hole... :booze :booze :rock :rock

StangMang

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Nice deal...i was hopein there were people here that have atleast played once...

I've gone to the driving range a crap load of times between then and now...i've never owned my own clubs though...when i used to go i'd use my fathers clubs or a friends...i can hit the ball around 300 yds +/- depending on a good or bad day lol

I really need to work on my short game though LOL

When i went last week for example i'd hit off a Par 4 hole and get it to the green within 2 shots and have chance for birdie and i'd end up Double Bogeying it HAHA...i really need to work on putting...my Pitching game is pretty good...i actually made a 20 yd shot with my PW from the rough into the pin for a birdie on one hole, so that was very exciting for me lol

AtlanticBlue99

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
haha nice shot form 20yds... yea i cant hit it too far, my clubs suck. on a par 4, ill be on in 3 and 2 put for bogey usually. i can play bogey- double bogey golf most the time. i do get the occasional par on a par 3

PhillyBlunt474

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
just played my first round this year this morning, man i was in the road or teh farmers field every shot i kept pushing it lol

Im horrible i shot a 55 on 9

JonBeast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm a 6 handicap BISHES!

I have Titleist 790MB Irons, Taylormade R580 Driver, Taylormade 3 wood, Odyssey 2ball putter, Cleveland wedges.

I enjoy golf immensely.

TheOriginalJames

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I play occasionally. We played yesterday at River Bend, which is soooo much better than Maumee valley here in town.

I shot a 122 at Maumee, but River Bend we played as a 4 person scramble. We only shot two over par for 18 holes.

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
Joe plays golf and he is actually pretty good at it. He was actually considering stopping work and just persuing golf!! BUt I talked him out of it.

AtlanticBlue99

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
if he made the PGA, even last place makes a few grand a tournament. and if he is good, hell- sponsors buy you a house... one of my best friend's brother went to the Ledbetter golf acadamy in sarasota, fl and got a golf scholarship, the whole 9 yrds...

JonBeast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Re: RE: Anyone play golf?

AtlanticBlue99 said:
i wish i was that good. maybe if i had a better set of clubs i could be better :dunno

Eh...clubs help, but its mostly the person swinging them :wink

TheOriginalJames

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

JonBeast said:
AtlanticBlue99 said:
i wish i was that good. maybe if i had a better set of clubs i could be better :dunno

Oh trust me... clubs make a huge difference. I have a set of my dads old clubs. All iron, heavy as hell.

I can drive about 190 with a 3 wood on this set, but if I had some lighter titanium clubs with a larger sweet spot... I bet I could do 250.

JonBeast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

2000Si said:
JonBeast said:
AtlanticBlue99 said:

Oh trust me... clubs make a huge difference. I have a set of my dads old clubs. All iron, heavy as hell.

I can drive about 190 with a 3 wood on this set, but if I had some lighter titanium clubs with a larger sweet spot... I bet I could do 250.

Haha, I kno, I've been playing for 8 years. When looking at a drastic example like that, the clubs make a difference. From old technology to new technology it makes a difference.

But once you get nice new clubs.....if you still have trouble, its not the clubs.

TheOriginalJames

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
lol it takes practice. I always slice to the right. almost always anyway.

I had a sweet shot on a par 4. I drove it 150 from tee to hole and it rolled within 5 feet of the cup. I thought it was such a shitty shot and as I watched it the shot seemed to get better and better. lol

JonBeast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

2000Si said:
lol it takes practice. I always slice to the right. almost always anyway.

I had a sweet shot on a par 4. I drove it 150 from tee to hole and it rolled within 5 feet of the cup. I thought it was such a shitty shot and as I watched it the shot seemed to get better and better. lol

You can say that again!

I hope you made that putt :D

You play a lot? Whats your best score? I shot a 71 last year, I think thats my best thus far. I've got a lot of tournaments coming up and the School Team is kicking off in August, I can't wait.

TheOriginalJames

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't play a lot at all. I've played twice this year. A few weeks ago and on saturday. Saturday was a scramble outting. So I made the shot, and we two putted the green with an awesome shot by Sambo. We shot 2 over par for 18 holes (I believe it was a 72 par course). and one the tourney.

But when I played solo I shot a 122. :tard

My score card usually has a lot of 7s and 8s on it. lol

JonBeast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

2000Si said:
I don't play a lot at all. I've played twice this year. A few weeks ago and on saturday. Saturday was a scramble outting. So I made the shot, and we two putted the green with an awesome shot by Sambo. We shot 2 over par for 18 holes (I believe it was a 72 par course). and one the tourney.

But when I played solo I shot a 122. :tard

My score card usually has a lot of 7s and 8s on it. lol

Hahaha, nice. Everyone has gotta start sometime.

You guys win some cizzash?

TheOriginalJames

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Nah we just won and were told we cheated. lol I think my dads team came in about 8-10 shots OVER us. Reason being is my uncle is notorious for "forgetting" shots to better his score.

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back