5 quick tips for weight loss

Users who are viewing this thread

dieselfit

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.14z
If you want to lose weight, you've got to want it as much as you want to breathe oxygen. If you're drowning and you need to breathe, you'll think about nothing else but the air that you need to breathe. You won't think about what you'll do tomorrow or what parties are coming up. So this leads us to...

Motivation

Find why you need to lose weight, and don't just do it because you think you need to.

Diet

If you're eating junk food, you're going to look like junk. You can't expect to look like a million bucks if you're eating from the dollar menu at Mc Donalds. Eat what mother nature has provided us and stay away from pre packaged foods.

Exercise

Get out of your comfort zone and challenge your body. If you're doing the same thing everyday, you're going to get no where. Let your body adapt to new workouts, new things and you'll always get new results.

Support

Let everyone know that you're going to lose weight. Let your family know and embrace their support. Keep in mind some friends won't like it if you actually lose weight because they are already used to who you are. No one likes change.

Scale

The numbers on the scale are meaningless. If you're losing fat, but gaining muscle, you won't know if you're looking at the scale. It's best to watch your body fat percentage and use that as a measurement of success. Muscle burns fat and it is also smaller than fat, so don't worry if you're gaining numbers on the scale.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

orzz

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Good tips. I'd say the easiest way to lose weight is just to replace all of your liquid drinks with water, cut out all of the soft drinks, juices, energy drinks, alcohol and replace it with water. Water has 0 calories/kJ.

dieselfit

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.14z
Oh yes but it's easier said than done. When I used to drink pop and sugary drinks all the time, water would be so dull and boring to me. I would have force myself to drink at least a glass or a few per day. It was nearly impossible to keep drinking water unless I made it into a habit. Now I crave for water and healthy food. It never tasted better in my life.

griz bear

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
For me, Getting away from Processed foods has been very helpful in controlling my weight. Also eating 50% of my daily food raw has helped.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
How I keep the hunger down is by grabbing a sweet snack. I also drink coffee and walk a fair amount.

Dave

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Very nice tips!

Even though I am not classified as overweight, I would like to shed some weight. I have gotten lazy over the years and have not been involved in much athletic activity. Used to do alot of sports and such, but wasn't interested in continuing in them anymore. Just the other day I went out for a run and I was huffing and puffing after a pretty short period of time. I really need to get back into shape and these tips should help.

MyPaperBleeds

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The main thing I go by is calorie counting/estimating. I'm on a fitness forum/website/app and it shows that in order to lose the weight I want to, I have to intake at max 1200 calories a day. I could go to 1400 per day if I'd want to lose a little less weight each week. Now that I know my "limits" I can easily stay within them. And if there's a little something extra I want, I make sure to burn off the calories so I can eat it. Keeping track can easily allow me to look back and go, "There's where I went wrong." It has also made me much more interesting in cooking meals myself so that I can control how many calories are in them and ensure that I'll love them.

amy005

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Great tips, I also like what Orzz said about drinking mostly water. It would certainty knock down a lot of calories. Unfortunately I don't feel like I can always do this when I try since I feel I need something with caffeine to get me some extra energy. I think as an alternative I might try only drinking water and vegetable/tomato juice. Since it is only 50 calories per 8 oz serving and seems to help fill me up and give me the extra energy I need in a natural way.

Last edited by a moderator:

lovemwaf

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I agree with the motivation aspect to the core. I once wanted to lose weight so that i could impress a girl and so it turns out that i actually did lose the weight because the desire was so strong in me to do so. She was my motivation and got me to do something that i had been wanting to do for over 5 years.

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
another thing is ....dont cut everything it will make you worse, just have one day a week that you eat your favourite food or snack ... even if it is high in calories .. i know will put you back a small step but will help you keep your diet longer .. dont starve yourself it is worse..

Tobasn

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think two things are most important for effective weight loss and those are
1 exerciseise
2 diet
Without following these 2 points you can't loss weight

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank Moses

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yeah Tobasn! Without diet it is not possible to loose your weight but without exercise it is possible with Pure Green Coffee Beans Extract which reduce your weight without any side effect.You can easily but it anywhere from Australia!

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back