You Should Never Get Married!

Users who are viewing this thread

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
Some people I know got married years before and it didn't work out for them. And many of them tell me that it's a bad idea to get married, and that I should never even consider getting married one day. In their opinion, tying the knot with somebody is definitely a bad idea.

So because marriage didn't work out for them, then that means that getting married is a bad idea for me and everyone else?

Marriage works for some people, and some people it doesn't. But I'd like to get married someday. And I'm not going to miss out on getting married because some individuals had a bad experience by getting married.

Just because marriage didn't work out for them doesn't mean that the rest of the entire world should stay single for the rest of their lives and never tie the knot.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,047.46z
Marriage is different for all people.

Although it is a real shame that people do not try to work things out and result in divorces. It is just how today's society is these days. Really is unfortunate.

I my self do not plan on getting married when I find myself a girl to call my own. I just do not see the point in spending tens of thousands of dollars just to get a piece of paper declaring that you love each other.

I mean, I can see why the woman would want such an event to take place. Make memories, photo albums, the adventure. However, we can still do a lot of it without actually being "legally married".

I myself have also always been protective of my self. Most woman I let into my life normally use me or walk out before anything real happens.

freshie23

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The biggest reason marriage doesn't work out (besides poor judgement) is selfishness. A good marriage forces you to live unselfishly, or else it's gonna fail. Notice that as marriage rates drop, society gets more narcissistic? Notice how instead of holding themselves accountable for their failed marriage, they blamed the institution of marriage instead?

It's way better for married couples to raise kids than single parents. A kid's home environment influences what family means to them at such a young age. Married parents set an example that family doesn't 'come and go', they stay throughout the hard times. And that's so valuable.

I realize that what's good for most people won't always apply to each & every individual. I know amazing single parents and I've seen the most unselfish people do their best to save their failed marriage - I'm only making (accurate) generalizations, focusing more on how it affects society.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
If you think about it marriage is a form of servitude which is unconstitutional...go figure.

Greatearner

Reaction score
Tokenz
265.82z
Marriage is different for all people.

Although it is a real shame that people do not try to work things out and result in divorces. It is just how today's society is these days. Really is unfortunate.

I my self do not plan on getting married when I find myself a girl to call my own. I just do not see the point in spending tens of thousands of dollars just to get a piece of paper declaring that you love each other.

I mean, I can see why the woman would want such an event to take place. Make memories, photo albums, the adventure. However, we can still do a lot of it without actually being "legally married".

I myself have also always been protective of my self. Most woman I let into my life normally use me or walk out before anything real happens.

"Most woman I let into my life normally use me or walk out before anything real happens."

@Jordan - Believe me! This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I was used and scammed by a girl who promised that she will never leave me and get married to me. However, when she received money, I was nothing to her. The fact remains that now I am so shattered by that experience that it is is so hard to forget about that. However, the world has not ended. I have moved on and now I no longer even think about her. They want to hurt us, but we should not be bothered and try to live our life.

RUBESH

Reaction score
Tokenz
415.23z
You are completely correct! Just because some people you know had horrible marital experiences doesn't indicate marriage is a bad choice for everyone else. It's critical to remember that each person and relationship is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another.

Marriage may be a lovely and meaningful commitment for many individuals, so it's normal if you want to marry eventually. It is critical to base your decisions on your own experiences, ambitions, and ideals rather than just on the views of others.

Of course, it's also critical to enter marriage with realistic expectations, open communication, and a willingness to work through any difficulties that may occur. However, the ultimate decision is whether or not to marry.

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,271.63z
It's true that other people's failures in marriage sometimes make us afraid to get married, but even so I still want to get married one day. I just don't want to rush into marriage before I find the right potential partner. I don't want to get married to someone I don't love. Love in marriage is very important for me, so that I still have a reason to survive when problems hit my household.

Salt

Reaction score
Tokenz
246.55z
We need to see what suits best for us and if we are not ready for marriage then we should keep ourselves away from it

Blessed19

Reaction score
Tokenz
883.68z
Some people I know got married years before and it didn't work out for them. And many of them tell me that it's a bad idea to get married, and that I should never even consider getting married one day. In their opinion, tying the knot with somebody is definitely a bad idea.

So because marriage didn't work out for them, then that means that getting married is a bad idea for me and everyone else?

Marriage works for some people, and some people it doesn't. But I'd like to get married someday. And I'm not going to miss out on getting married because some individuals had a bad experience by getting married.

Just because marriage didn't work out for them doesn't mean that the rest of the entire world should stay single for the rest of their lives and never tie the knot.
The concept of marriage is something that is very different for everyone, for whatever you get to see or face in marriage will not be the same thing that I am going to face and some people actually love to be with their other half than to be alone. The way I see marriage is not the way you put it out to be and though it also varies in the region one is and then the culture also.

Chibson

Reaction score
Tokenz
214.28z
what does not work for one person may actually work for another person. I think it is important you shouldn't listen to people who tries to discourage you from getting married because marriage didn't work for them.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back