You guys like black and white drawings done in charcoal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

diprod

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
This is amazing. I love black and white drawings. I love the drama it captures. Good job and keep this up!

Minormc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Oh my this is beautiful. I can draw as well but I haven't done it in a while so I'm not as good as I use to be. I surely can't draw like that though, but to answer your question I like black and white drawings actually way better then color. Please keep this up because this is amazing.

RazKnows

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
Oh my this is beautiful. I can draw as well but I haven't done it in a while so I'm not as good as I use to be. I surely can't draw like that though, but to answer your question I like black and white drawings actually way better then color. Please keep this up because this is amazing.

Thank you so much for the sweet comment! Yeah this was one of the hardest drawings I have ever done. I started this drawing but i had to start all over a couple days in because it was off. But this literally took me a good month to finish, I'm happy by the way it came out! :)

mauricioq

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Hey man you got some skill right there, don't stop drawing, you've got an unique style!
Is the third one Adam Sandler? hahaha

zemmer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
That's gorgeous. I love pencil, and ink, and wish black and white (or monochrome) art was more appreciate in illustration. People gravitate towards the flashier color works at galleries and art shows, but I think subtler art often works as well or better for long term appreciation.

That said, I am useless with charcoal, same with pastels, just don't have the skill for it. I need a good hard line or I start to get messy :(

MindyT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
You did a nice job. Faces are very hard to draw especially the eyes. I cannot draw, and I wish I could. Keep up the good work.

mansawalta

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think that is really creative and not something you see everyday. I love the fact that it is all stripped down and brought to the basics. I love the artistic process behind it and i think that this is real great.

illusion

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
I used to be into art in high school. I loved black and with with charcoal. A really good artist could really show a lot of depth with that median. I haven't been looking at art too much these days, other than my kids drawings. Maybe I should take them to a museum during the summer.

Muthoni

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
They are fantastic especially the first one of the child. You can actually make good money with these when you find where to sell them. You are truly blessed to be able to do this. I used to draw letters on the wooden structures in our homestead when I was a child. I never thought I would become the writer I am today. Please keep drawing, the world need beautiful things.

elles-belles

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Wow, I have to say I agree with all the other posters, that it gorgeous art! You have a great talent indeed.
I do love black and white with charcoal, I have always been intrigued by art and drawing and even took an arts class. The only thing is that I didn't have the talent that you have and so didn't cut it!
Well done and thanks for sharing.

Shimus

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
That is a true knack for the arts, this is confirmed. I like pastels myself, but a good black and white is not only very classy when done properly and also brings out true talent. If this is what you've done, I know you have a portfolio, show some others!

Lushlala

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Wow, fantastic work :) You have talent, mate; keep at it! I love different types of art, but the more realistic as opposed to abstract; the more I like it :) Yours is bang on the money. Please keep posting!

OhioTom76

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Nice work!

Yes I am a big fan of black and white drawings. I majored in studio art as well, and we did a ton of charcoal drawings along the way. My absolute favorite is to work with vine charcoal on newsprint. Some people don't value black and white drawing as much because they merely see them as preliminary sketches that should culminate in something involved, such as a full color oil painting, but I disagree with them, and really enjoy the rawness of black and white drawings.

I find charcoal drawings to be more gestural and often have a more beautiful line quality to them, rather than something that had been laboriously painted, so everything looked realistic and "perfect". Color adds a whole layer of complexity to artwork, and if you aren't really interested in tackling it, it's better left out of a piece since it can become more of a distraction. Color can pull your eyes in different directions, and draw attention to areas of the image that differ from the effect you get looking at the image in black and white alone.

I find artists have a signature like effect to their lines when drawing, much like they way we each sign our names differently. I enjoy seeing this more up front in charcoal drawings, rather than buried or hidden behind layers of paint or pastels.

78,865Threads
2,185,202Messages
4,953Members
Back