Writing Letters to the Dead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Kitty Kat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
So, lately I've been thinking of writing a letter to Nate's(love of my life who died 5 years ago) Mom as a form of peace of mind, for both her and I. The thing is though is that today I talked a bit with Nate's little brother and I learned from him that their Mom died 11 months after her son died... I had no idea... *sighs* Now I wish that I had thought of this sooner, written to her 5 years ago before it was too late. I didn't really know her, I had talked with her on the phone once or twice for a short bit while I waited for Nate to get on the phone. All that I knew about her is what he had told me. They had a complicated relationship for quite awhile and he often said to me "My Mom hates me.", I honestly feel like he was mistaken... I mean, I cannot fathom a Mother hating her first born son. As I said I didn't know her that well but she didn't seem like that to me. She had even offered to pay for a bus ticket for me to go and visit Nate and stay with them for as long as I wanted to. Nate and I had talked about that a bit before he died, I was gonna go there the following year during the Spring or the Summer of 2011... I never got the chance to cuz he died in June of 2010...

Anyways, I still feel like I should write the letter to her even though she's dead, I've heard that writing letters for yourself is also a way to cope. I'm hoping that writing to her will help me in some way. Maybe I should write a letter to Nate as well. Obviously I wouldn't be able to send them but I could still write them and keep them for myself. That wouldn't be crazy would it?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Charmmy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
No, it's not crazy. I know it's a form of therapy to write letters to loved ones who have passed. I have thought about doing it myself, but I haven't. I hope it helps you, if you decide to do it.

Kitty Kat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
No, it's not crazy. I know it's a form of therapy to write letters to loved ones who have passed. I have thought about doing it myself, but I haven't. I hope it helps you, if you decide to do it.

Thank you for being the first person to respond to this. I was beginning to wonder if anyone ever would. I am going to write those letters, I'm not sure when but I definitely will. Thank you, I hope it helps me as well.

Kitty Kat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
go for it - it will help you grieve

Thanks, I will. I am contemplating writing a letter for his Mom though... I recently learned some things about her that Nate's sister told me about. Apparently she was horrible to Nate, so I'm not sure if I should write a letter for her after all. If I did, it'd probably be an angry letter...

Stardom22

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,601.98z
I don't believe in this actions. I believe that when a person dies they either go to the heaven or the hell depending on their deeds in the world and nothing like making some communication with them through letters or any other forms.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back