Will the development of technology has positive or negative impact on humans?

Will the development of technology has positive or negative impact on humans?

• Positive

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Negative

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Imran Noori

Reaction score
Tokenz
316.36z
As technology is developing, human beings are becoming lazy, this is because most of the tasks are being done by technology. For example today most people use AI to write articles for them or answer their questions instead of working, researching and finding something themselves. In my opinion it is getting worse.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

riberet19

Reaction score
Tokenz
326.83z
Well I think this varies widely from how you use technology, if you use it to be more productive and efficient I think it is very good to make life easier and more comfortable for humans and improve their quality of life, but if we use it without control and for excessive leisure among others it will only worsen our life and do us more harm than good.

MrDawn

Reaction score
Tokenz
336.73z
Technology for the most part has usually benefitted mankind. It's the reason why we have cars, airplanes, factories, kitchen appliances, cell phones, computers, and better medical equipment. If anything I think those things have helped us.

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,271.63z
I think both the impact of technology must have both positive and negative. So what we have to do is maximize the positive impact, and reduce/overcome the negative impact. To reduce laziness, we must apply regulations, one of which prohibits using unnecessary technology. Example: Keep walking to go somewhere that is reachable, keep washing clothes by hand whenever possible, etc.

Imran Noori

Reaction score
Tokenz
316.36z
Well I think this varies widely from how you use technology, if you use it to be more productive and efficient I think it is very good to make life easier and more comfortable for humans and improve their quality of life, but if we use it without control and for excessive leisure among others it will only worsen our life and do us more harm than good.
This is the same with everything in life, they all depend on how you use them.

Imran Noori

Reaction score
Tokenz
316.36z
Technology for the most part has usually benefitted mankind. It's the reason why we have cars, airplanes, factories, kitchen appliances, cell phones, computers, and better medical equipment. If anything I think those things have helped us.
You are right, technology helped us alot but what if robots are replaced with human beings in workplaces?

Imran Noori

Reaction score
Tokenz
316.36z
I think both the impact of technology must have both positive and negative. So what we have to do is maximize the positive impact, and reduce/overcome the negative impact. To reduce laziness, we must apply regulations, one of which prohibits using unnecessary technology. Example: Keep walking to go somewhere that is reachable, keep washing clothes by hand whenever possible, etc.
You are right, it has both, pros and cons.

Kaep Fear

Reaction score
Tokenz
286.29z
It has made people soft and lazy, and will only continue to make them softer and lazier. We are becoming enslaved by our own addiction to the convenience of letting computers and machines do all of our working and thinking for us and we won't be able to fend for ourselves if and when the power grid takes a shit.

Brad P

Reaction score
Tokenz
403.30z
I mean we can only hope it will benefit us in the future. Hopefully technology will be used for all the right reasons and resources for our NHS and army is what I hope it helps for.

Kaep Fear

Reaction score
Tokenz
286.29z
I mean we can only hope it will benefit us in the future. Hopefully technology will be used for all the right reasons and resources for our NHS and army is what I hope it helps for.

At no point in human history has anything ever been used for all the right reasons. Advances in technology generally are boiled down to how can we more efficiently kill people, and how can we eliminate jobs so corporations can save on wages. Even when it comes to medicine it all comes down to how to maximize profits with little to no regard to actually helping people.

Imran Noori

Reaction score
Tokenz
316.36z
I mean, would you have like to be stuck back into the 1500s?
Don't forget technology has a huge part in medicine too!
This is true, technology has changed everything and made lives easier for us but I want to talk about it's upcoming advantages and disadvantages.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back