When you do the moral thing,

Users who are viewing this thread

MrDawn

Reaction score
Tokenz
336.73z
Are you doing it for a religious reward, to relieve guilt, or for what?

What are your reasons for wanting to do the right thing?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,271.63z
I do the moral thing for all the reasons you mentioned, especially for religious gifts. Because in my religious belief as a Muslim there will be life again after death. So, I have to do a lot of good as a provision for life after death.

RUBESH

Reaction score
Tokenz
415.23z
People may choose to do the correct thing for a variety of reasons, such as personal ideals, moral principles, society conventions, legal requirements, or empathy for others. Some people may also feel a feeling of pleasure or satisfaction from doing what they believe is right, or an urge to prevent unpleasant repercussions from doing anything wrong.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,304.37z
Religion is a consideration but I always believed you should treat others as you wish to be treated. Morals are a standard.

Ammi

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,249.83z
….we all have our own ‘moral guide or moral compass’….our own life rules as it were…and in following those, they’re always guiding our actions and reactions etc…so there is no reason as such, for me anyway…I always try to be true to who I am and that’s the only reason…I try to consider different/all perspectives of things and how it all is and feels for others…but most/many of us do that, I would say….

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back